Community Shield - 2024/25 | 10 Aug Sat 3pm

Gone for a Burton

Team supported
City
Any thoughts on City withdrawing from the CS.

The game should be held at the home of the Champions as winners of English footballs elite tournament.

It's only at Wembley to pay off the incompetent FAs debts for a wrongly located ground.

What have the FA ever done for City or us fans.

We'd be better holding internal game twixt the academy teams followed by one twixt the first team squad.

Free to all season ticket holders etc then £10 adults/£5 u 18s open sale.

Make it an annual pre season 'open day festival'.

Thoughts ??

The game should be held at the home of the Champions as winners of English footballs elite tournament.

It's only at Wembley to pay off the incompetent FAs debts for a wrongly located ground.

We'd be better holding internal game twixt the academy teams followed by one twixt the first team squad.

Thoughts ??
I like my twixt in the fridge for an hour before eating them

Thoughts ??
When it was held at the champions ground, Leeds refused to play us and we played who ??? instead at MR. I think it was Leeds title under Revie but the memory is very vague now.
There, that was really informative wasn’t it? Suitably sesquipedalian.
You are right about the debts run up by Ken Bates. FA had to sign a contract to hold Community shield, both cup semis and all England games at Wembley for several years. I don’t know if that contract is still live.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.