Community Shield - 2024/25 | 10 Aug Sat 3pm

Curtain raiser for the forthcoming season,City win it’s going to be boring football Is dead,rags win the giddiness will go into overdrive and the media will jump on the chance to start saying how many trophies they can win …

Any thoughts on City withdrawing from the CS.

The game should be held at the home of the Champions as winners of English footballs elite tournament.

It's only at Wembley to pay off the incompetent FAs debts for a wrongly located ground.

What have the FA ever done for City or us fans.

We'd be better holding internal game twixt the academy teams followed by one twixt the first team squad.

Free to all season ticket holders etc then £10 adults/£5 u 18s open sale.

Make it an annual pre season 'open day festival'.

Thoughts ??
Shouts at sky type post. Its a harmless friendly (Sane aside)

My memory isn’t the greatest but didn’t we have an identical thread this time last year?

Either way, it ain’t happening.

I’ve personally slipped into the routine quite nicely these last few years.

Nice, stress free first trip of the season. Meet up with friends who’ve you’ve not seen for a while. Tickets for anybody who fancies it. Good drink in nice weather usually. And nobody is too concerned about the result.

Nice relaxing way to ease into the new season.

We already withdrew last week against the rags at Wembley so I’m not sure doing it again will make much difference?

Unless Ten gets a new 10 year contract and the resign Tony?

Any thoughts on City withdrawing from the CS.

The game should be held at the home of the Champions as winners of English footballs elite tournament.

It's only at Wembley to pay off the incompetent FAs debts for a wrongly located ground.

What have the FA ever done for City or us fans.

We'd be better holding internal game twixt the academy teams followed by one twixt the first team squad.

Free to all season ticket holders etc then £10 adults/£5 u 18s open sale.

Make it an annual pre season 'open day festival'.

Thoughts ??
As @WestGorton said, we’ll be obligated to play in it.
It has to be at Wembley because it’s one of the events that’s included in Club Wembley multi year packages - the FA would be in breach of contract if it wasn’t played there unless there are exceptional circumstances, similar to why the FA Cup semi finals have to be there. And McDonalds pumps in a lot of cash to be the primary named sponsor of the game - part of that will include the requirement for it to be at Wembley.
Not saying I agree with any of those reasons - just facts of life in today’s football.

Seems like it needs a revamp Always going to be at Wembley but ultimately it will be contested between 2 of the top six so maybe time for the FA to select clubs, make it invitational even include foreign clubs?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.