Community shield Post match thread

I’m not convinced. I’m not saying they are at Tyler’s level, and you probably hear them more than me, but White has often brought up the money aspect and Dixon is certainly no City fan and to my mind quite critical- he falls into the trap of always seeing the game from our opponents POV, ‘what they need to do’ etc

I wouldn't say Lee Dixon's quite critical.... he's more complimentary to us than to most and surely the fact that he looks at it as to what the opponents need to do... is complimentary from our point of view.

Only played half a game and still won. Don’t think you can say the teams were even today despite the score line. we completely dominated the first half even without Ederson Laporte Mendy Fernandinho and Aguero from our strongest lineup. Second half Pep clearly decided to turn it into a fitness exercise for whatever reason and flogged the team refused to utilise the bench and was willing to sacrifice the win for it, I’m sure he had a reason behind it. but let’s make one thing clear to all the dippers convincing themselves there’s no gap between us, if he didn’t do that we would have cruised to a victory today.

That had rather more of competitive nature than your usual Community Shield.

First off and most important....we won and did so in a manner that will boil scouse piss. Just as enjoyable as if we had battered then by 4 or 5.

We have learned the inevitable that we will play against the officials as well as the opposition more often than not this season, and that we are not allowed to make tackles but the opposition can kick our players at will without fear of sanction.

Very promising first half performance, second half was frankly worryingly poor. Bravo mom by a mile. Raheem showed how close he is to becoming a world class player, one of those would have put those second half misses away.

There were some awful passes in that second half, fair play to Liverpool who went for it in the second half and City had to dig deep.

All in all a most satisfying day, and perhaps one where one or two warning signs that need to be dealt with if our season is to a good one were seen.

Really ? I thought the 2nd half was mostly down to our lack of games.

And you call the dippers 'the victims''. According to you guys Loserpool should have had 20% of they goals disallowed because of bad decisions and corrupt officials last season... lets not forget the press too. Now it appears that after 1 game nothing has changed ... the ref obviously robbed you of a 4-0 win.

Nah, we robbed ouselves by being shit at finishing & dallying on the final ball or it would have been over by half time. Then having let the scouse ****s off the hook, we ran out of steam completly & even gave them the ball on several occasions near our own goal, but even against a half fit, struggling City team, with the ref giving every 50/50 free kick to them, including the pathetic fucking dive they scored from, they still didn't cash in.

Now they have to persuade several keepers to throw the ball in their own net again, just to stay with us.

Before we even start on the diving.

Thought we were bobbins to be brutally honest.

Bravo and Otamendi men of the match.

Great to see KDB back.

Rodrigo did some good things but at times he was very Javi Garcia in that he seemed to lack intelligence and was poor when receiving the ball with his back to play.

I won’t judge him on this game but he’ll need to buck his ideas right up to be part of this side.

Another Wembley win :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.