Community shield Post match thread

I've not watched the highlights nor have I read all 98 pages here so apologies, but just remembered the VAR think in the 2nd half for a potential red card, wth was it as no one around me had a scooby what they were looking at?
Not even a yellow card in the end.

I've not watched the highlights nor have I read all 98 pages here so apologies, but just remembered the VAR think in the 2nd half for a potential red card, wth was it as no one around me had a scooby what they were looking at?

Didn't mention it in the BBC highlights

Didn't mention it in the BBC highlights
It was bizarre, we didn't even know it it was reviewing city or dippers for the potential red card, so when it said no red card we didn't know whether to be relieved or annoyed. If it wasn't on BBC I am assuming it was a Liverpool player as it a city player was reviewed for a red card it would have been mentioned and listed as an excuse for them not winning the game they didn't want to win.

Camel-008.jpg
So he did get a boxing license?

It was bizarre, we didn't even know it it was reviewing city or dippers for the potential red card, so when it said no red card we didn't know whether to be relieved or annoyed. If it wasn't on BBC I am assuming it was a Liverpool player as it a city player was reviewed for a red card it would have been mentioned and listed as an excuse for them not winning the game they didn't want to win.

Confused me big time at the game

Was a potential red card check for TAA on Bernardo silva. He left a bit on him as Bernardo cleared the ball which was nothing then went to give him a little kick as Bernardo was on the floor, was more of a flick than a kick and didn’t touch him.

Was a potential red card check for TAA on Bernardo silva. He left a bit on him as Bernardo cleared the ball which was nothing then went to give him a little kick as Bernardo was on the floor, was more of a flick than a kick and didn’t touch him.
Still a red card & clearly seen on the replay.

Just shows how VAR will be interpreted when it's a rag/dip.

Yes.
Twice in the League Cup. Can't think of any more.
The two I was thinking of were Blackpool (97-98) at Maine Road and Brighton (08-09), but I've since been reminded of Doncaster (05-06) also in the League Cup. I was at the game and managed to scrub it from my memory.

Confusing, but as the ref was being barracked by reds i kinda assumed it was one of the dippers - but wholly unsure who.

Perhaps the screen should have also shown the tackle.

But as others have said, if this is how var - and many of the anti-city decisions given by the ref - is going to be applied, then we can expect more of the same City-bias as we've seen in recent years.

Especially when you consider that Pep had a legitimate complaint about players holding and going in with high feet / studs: getting a card for making a valid point to a match official, while letting blatant fouls roll the FA are showing that they are anything but neutral.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.