Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

Let's try to put aside club rivalry and give credit where it's due. Today United almost scored *Goal of the Season* so let's acknowledge that.

*According to the legendary Ally McCoist

The brainwashed scum fans lap all this shit up, it's scripted and rehearse and they know the audience you are preaching to. Live football on TV should be neutral and fair, but in the 40-odd years of the Premier League FA Cup League cup Champions League Community Shield broadcasting on ITV BBC Skysports TNT Manchester City have never been given a voice,

Ok the early days and before the takeover we were a laughing stock and easy pickings and we had nothing to back it up or shout about, BUT since 2009 we have become the most invisible club in the world, It is always one-sided or targeting and damaging the name of Manchester City in some way, Oil money, FFP Cheating, 115, Racist, Bad for Football, Dare any of the pundits stand up for Manchester City and say hold on a minute.

You would think one of the British broadcasters would chance their arm and wear Manchester City blue-tinted glasses. But again it would be so easy to cut them from any broadcasting rights, But I don't understand how much longer can they keep spouting shit about United, Does winning the odd cup help when City are winning multiple trophies each season

Best part of pens was Nunes taking his then walking off and Pep's reaction. Apparently Dalot and Bruno were telling Onana he goes that way and then he just calmly roofed it.

One thing that was missed was Savinho's impact on the Bernardo goal. His movement and then dropping in to Bobb for the pre-assist. Kid looked very live and a player not overawed by moment.

After the match Pep made a few comments about the flight of the ball. I don't know if it was his way of having a go at some of the players for miss-passing it fairly often, and ballooning it occasionally, or if there was something about the way it flew about. It did remind me of some games as a kid many years ago.

Don't know if this classic from Mitre will be used for any other games this season.

• Introducing the Limited Edition - Mitre FA Community Shield Ultimax Pro, the official ball for this season’s (24/25) FA Community Shield.
  • The bespoke design specifically for this years curtain raiser, take inspiration from our classic Ultimax ball designs over the last 30 years, paying homage to Mitre's heritage in the game.
  • Each ‘Delta’ uses colours and patterns within each chevron to mark the clubs who have won the trophy, since it started in 1908.
  • The proportion of colour within each Delta illustrating how many times a club has won the shield. Bringing together the past with the present. History and knowledge. Clubs and communities.
  • Built over decades of Ultimax knowledge, the Ultimax Pro uses a unique 4 panel thermally bonded construction, for unrivalled performance, all weather durability, and shape retention.
  • Featuring Hyperflow debossed grooves across the ball, for incredible flight consistency and pin-point accuracy across all speeds.
  • FIFA Quality Pro approved, so you can play like the best in the game with unbeatable quality.
  • Constructed using thermally bonded Hyperseal technology, for unbeatable shape retention and durability*
  • Engineered with Hyperfoam, a cushioned, high elastic foam, for maximum power when you strike.
  • Available in size 5 only.
  • Suitable for grass or Astro surfaces.
  • Just so you know, this ball will be sent out and delivered partially inflated. To avoid disappointment please take a look at our pump range available here.

Best part of pens was Nunes taking his then walking off and Pep's reaction. Apparently Dalot and Bruno were telling Onana he goes that way and then he just calmly roofed it.

One thing that was missed was Savinho's impact on the Bernardo goal. His movement and then dropping in to Bobb for the pre-assist. Kid looked very live and a player not overawed by moment.
I thought Savinho was excellent when he came on especially for the goal, He found a lovely pocket of space to feed it to Bobb, Excellent awareness and pass from Savinho he's going to do well here.

We dominated - superb for the first 35 mins, most shots, most possession, most pens. Our largely very young side dominated a largely very experienced United side. Deserved winners. Special mention for Eddie - monumental shoot out save and the pen he scored.

ITV - what a joke. Matterface getting on McCoist's nerves with his pointless stats - he had clearly had enough. They stupidly wrote us off in the dying minutes of the 90 then wrote us off again during the pens. Then after the match, Pougatch and his two sidekicks are reading out their researcher's bullet-points from the post-match script marked 'United win'. On and on they whined post-match - very little mention of us.

We sickened ITV as much as we sickened United.

I didn't see the game but the stat of one shot on target in 90 minutes is a bit worrying even with a depleted team. The three blocked shots might put a different spin on it.
The highlights I've seen suggested we had the better of the first half hour but it was downhill after that.
The good news is that we won a shoot-out against a team that has won plenty of shoot-outs and also gets lots of penalties to practise.
From what I've seen in pre-season I'd start Bobb ahead of Grealish but I'm also expecting more from Doku in his second season.

We dominated - superb for the first 35 mins, most shots, most possession, most pens. Our largely very young side dominated a largely very experienced United side. Deserved winners. Special mention for Eddie - monumental shoot out save and the pen he scored.

ITV - what a joke. Matterface getting on McCoist's nerves with his pointless stats - he had clearly had enough. They stupidly wrote us off in the dying minutes of the 90 then wrote us off again during the pens. Then after the match, Pougatch and his two sidekicks are reading out their researcher's bullet-points from the post-match script marked 'United win'. On and on they whined post-match - very little mention of us.

We sickened ITV as much as we sickened United.
Don’t disagree pal.
For me, it’s just (yet another) reminder for the season ahead to turn on only at kick off time, and switch off at the final whistle.

For televised games I’ll either do something else pre/post match, or put our own City tv/YouTube coverage on.

I’ve been out on the piss all day today with a bunch of lads who I’ve known all my life. One just lost his partner age 48! Didn’t watch it. Just listening to the Jam on the jukebox, playing killer on the pool table.

However…….made up we won and that little rat Garnacho is crying into his pillow instead of wanking himself senseless.

Well done to all the fans who went! Quality: up the blues!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.