Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

After the match Pep made a few comments about the flight of the ball. I don't know if it was his way of having a go at some of the players for miss-passing it fairly often, and ballooning it occasionally, or if there was something about the way it flew about. It did remind me of some games as a kid many years ago.

Don't know if this classic from Mitre will be used for any other games this season.

• Introducing the Limited Edition - Mitre FA Community Shield Ultimax Pro, the official ball for this season’s (24/25) FA Community Shield.
  • The bespoke design specifically for this years curtain raiser, take inspiration from our classic Ultimax ball designs over the last 30 years, paying homage to Mitre's heritage in the game.
  • Each ‘Delta’ uses colours and patterns within each chevron to mark the clubs who have won the trophy, since it started in 1908.
  • The proportion of colour within each Delta illustrating how many times a club has won the shield. Bringing together the past with the present. History and knowledge. Clubs and communities.
  • Built over decades of Ultimax knowledge, the Ultimax Pro uses a unique 4 panel thermally bonded construction, for unrivalled performance, all weather durability, and shape retention.
  • Featuring Hyperflow debossed grooves across the ball, for incredible flight consistency and pin-point accuracy across all speeds.
  • FIFA Quality Pro approved, so you can play like the best in the game with unbeatable quality.
  • Constructed using thermally bonded Hyperseal technology, for unbeatable shape retention and durability*
  • Engineered with Hyperfoam, a cushioned, high elastic foam, for maximum power when you strike.
  • Available in size 5 only.
  • Suitable for grass or Astro surfaces.
  • Just so you know, this ball will be sent out and delivered partially inflated. To avoid disappointment please take a look at our pump range available here.

I remember those cheap balls you could buy when I was a kid ( Not that we could often afford even one of those most of the time) They were so light a gust of wind blew them about and they were impossible to control properly. It's a long time ago now but I think the cheap ones were about 7/6d and the better ones 10 shilling.

I remember those cheap balls you could buy when I was a kid ( Not that we could often afford even one of those most of the time) They were so light a gust of wind blew them about and they were impossible to control properly. I'm s a king time ago now but I think the cheap ones were about 7/6d and the better ones 10 shilling.
They used to sting a bit if you had a thigh slapper too!

After the match Pep made a few comments about the flight of the ball. I don't know if it was his way of having a go at some of the players for miss-passing it fairly often, and ballooning it occasionally, or if there was something about the way it flew about. It did remind me of some games as a kid many years ago.

Don't know if this classic from Mitre will be used for any other games this season.

• Introducing the Limited Edition - Mitre FA Community Shield Ultimax Pro, the official ball for this season’s (24/25) FA Community Shield.
  • The bespoke design specifically for this years curtain raiser, take inspiration from our classic Ultimax ball designs over the last 30 years, paying homage to Mitre's heritage in the game.
  • Each ‘Delta’ uses colours and patterns within each chevron to mark the clubs who have won the trophy, since it started in 1908.
  • The proportion of colour within each Delta illustrating how many times a club has won the shield. Bringing together the past with the present. History and knowledge. Clubs and communities.
  • Built over decades of Ultimax knowledge, the Ultimax Pro uses a unique 4 panel thermally bonded construction, for unrivalled performance, all weather durability, and shape retention.
  • Featuring Hyperflow debossed grooves across the ball, for incredible flight consistency and pin-point accuracy across all speeds.
  • FIFA Quality Pro approved, so you can play like the best in the game with unbeatable quality.
  • Constructed using thermally bonded Hyperseal technology, for unbeatable shape retention and durability*
  • Engineered with Hyperfoam, a cushioned, high elastic foam, for maximum power when you strike.
  • Available in size 5 only.
  • Suitable for grass or Astro surfaces.
  • Just so you know, this ball will be sent out and delivered partially inflated. To avoid disappointment please take a look at our pump range available here.

"maximum power when you strike"?

Seriously, given what happened when Dias headed a shot away, is that going against safety and the risk to players from dementia?

Lol.

To be fair, McCoist is usually very complimentary of us. He's always gushing over Foden.
Spot on - McCoist is usually one of the few to compliment us. Today, he got drawn into the anti-City narrative. but he clearly had had enough of Matterface's pointless stats. Pougatch and his two sidekicks were clearly following an outline script relating to United winning. No-one handed them the script marked 'City win'. Pougatch sounded genuinely gutted we'd won. Thankfully, ITV won't be covering our games for quite a while.

I’ve been out on the piss all day today with a bunch of lads who I’ve known all my life. One just lost his partner age 48! Didn’t watch it. Just listening to the Jam on the jukebox, playing killer on the pool table.

However…….made up we won and that little rat Garnacho is crying into his pillow instead of wanking himself senseless.

Well done to all the fans who went! Quality: up the blues!
Sorry to hear about your mate's loss.

"maximum power when you strike"?

Seriously, given what happened when Dias headed a shot away, is that going against safety and the risk to players from dementia?
Was that serious? At the time I just thought he was milking it a bit to get the game stopped whilst they were on the attack, so I’m a tad ashamed to say I didn’t take it seriously.

Was he properly concussed by it?
I haven’t read many of the post match reports etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.