Community Shield | Sat 30th Jul, 17:00 @ King Power Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the next possible window (and when)? They won't put them on General Sale (as Liverpool lot could buy them) so an additional ticket for Seasoncard holders maybe?
Still more than a 1000 showing, and ALL blocks are back open ... are people returning, or City releasing new seats all the time? Any chance seasoncard holders can get a second??

Still more than a 1000 showing, and ALL blocks are back open ... are people returning, or City releasing new seats all the time? Any chance seasoncard holders can get a second??
They have put the restricted views on sale, and they are the maroon coloured ones

You have inadvertently nailed it there.

It is indeed a Roman construction term detailing amphitheatre layouts.
They are the exits and entrances ( staircases) to the terracing aptly named as the Romans would indeed be sick in them as they were the nearest point away from the seating areas , where they would sit, getting pissed , watching people getting thrown the to the lions.
Colourful answer, but not quite true. The Latin verb vomo/vomere just means 'to spew forth' from which vomitorium was derived to describe the exit points from their stadiums. We have adapted this to vomitory. It's got nothing to do with throwing up, just the act of large crowds exiting a stadium at the same time.

Colourful answer, but not quite true. The Latin verb vomo/vomere just means 'to spew forth' from which vomitorium was derived to describe the exit points from their stadiums. We have adapted this to vomitory. It's got nothing to do with throwing up, just the act of large crowds exiting a stadium at the same time.
You can't beat a good bit of projectile vomiting after a night on the beer.
Just like Linda Blair in The Exorcist !!!

Given the rail strikes, I'm going to drive down. I have two spare seats in my car from Trafford if anyone is keen. £20 there are back.

PM me.

Colourful answer, but not quite true. The Latin verb vomo/vomere just means 'to spew forth' from which vomitorium was derived to describe

the exit points from their stadiums. We have adapted this to vomitory. It's got nothing to do with throwing up, just the act of large crowds exiting a stadium at the same time.
Popular urban myth in construction then.

Full marks fella.

correct . Also a term in use in theatres and swimming pools for large open egress points. The 'Vom'.

Sorry if this has been asked already but why are their restricted seats. I've been to Leicester and its a modern stadium? i got cheaper tickets in the South Stand. is this part of the stadium restricted. seems a bit bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.