Community shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
20k would be a good following. I have just bought 20 tickets for our Supporters Club.

Out of interest Tim, how does that compare to last time we played in the shield? is 20 about the usual number for your branch, much more or much less?
All the usual's in our branch are going, its the fair weather ones who aren't bothered.

Out of interest Tim, how does that compare to last time we played in the shield? is 20 about the usual number for your branch, much more or much less?
All the usual's in our branch are going, its the fair weather ones who aren't bothered.

I think it’s about the same number bainy as earlier Community Shields. We might have taken more if we had organised a coach (but it was too expensive when I inquired about a minimbus or coach).

It's a fucking mess. Online you can only choose which block you go in (not the row or seat number).

Seriously? Shit.

I always book our wembley trips online but this one did it on the phone as we were away and no internet access.
But for the new ticket website to not even tell you your row????? How can city let that happen???
The old ticket site used to give the row.
Big difference between row 1 to 40 on the lower tier!!!! Mum cant even see the action from that far back!
Got row 15 on the phone, but in future wanted to go back to booking online - thought city boasted this new ticket website would be much better??? Pah

Even with the old site you could only select the block and category for Wembley tickets. I can't recall ever being to choose your seat. It was simply a case of accepting what the seat offered or starting again and seeing if the new seats offered were different.

This may help anyone see where their seats are.

http://www.mapaplan.com/seating-pla...up-finals-matches-diagram-high-resolution.jpg

On the old site after you pick the block, it then told you what row it was. I know it did as i've used it every time city have got to wembley from 2011 to date. You couldn't "choose", but it told you what was on offer in the block, not just expecting you to blindly book a block not knowing what row it was untiol you'd paid (i assume that is what "bobbyowensquiff" meant it was doing, i couldn't book online this time for the first time, so not sure what the new site did!)

Doubt we will. Our attendance against Arsenal was the lowest community shield attendance since it was rebuilt. We had a lot of empties that day. Anything over 20,000 sales would be great. I can’t see it though.

If you recall, there were no trains to London that day on the East Coast Mainline. That will have impacted on a fair few peoples decision whether or not to go.

On the old site after you pick the block, it then told you what row it was. I know it did as i've used it every time city have got to wembley from 2011 to date. You couldn't "choose", but it told you what was on offer in the block, not just expecting you to blindly book a block not knowing what row it was untiol you'd paid (i assume that is what "bobbyowensquiff" meant it was doing, i couldn't book online this time for the first time, so not sure what the new site did!)
I had to ring up to choose which row. Online you are just allocated a block. Everyone knows that the first dozen rows at Wembley on tier 1 are shit views. On the old site you could see your ticket before you confirmed. If you didn't like the position then you cancelled and repeated the process. You can't do this on the new site.
It's not really an issue for most away matches but at Wembley the row makes a big difference in certain areas. A bit like West Ham where you really need to be at the back of the lower tier or front of the second tier for the best view. We should be able to choose were we sit. They do it for concerts.

Doubt we will. Our attendance against Arsenal was the lowest community shield attendance since it was rebuilt. We had a lot of empties that day. Anything over 20,000 sales would be great. I can’t see it though.

20,000 would be amazing for a pre-season warm-up away from home mostly featuring fringe players even if it is being played at Wembley (where we have recently played almost every season anyway).

Just tried on line to purchase 2 tickets on line together for me and my sister. I was told that you can only purchase 1 ticket at a time. This is a bad thing if this is allowed to continue as it will stop families from buying tickets in a group so that they can sit together. The club has to do something about this asap..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.