Community shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving it a miss. Got better things to spend my time and money on than shlepping down to London for a friendly. Already pissed off that we have two home games in the two weeks I'm away in September.

I like going to the CS games, rather Villa Park but even at Wembley, it’s great to watch City without chewing through everyone’s fingernails in my block and shitting myself whatever the score ... It sets up the season nicely ...
That said, it should be more affordable...

I am out for beers with some fans of other Clubs and they think it’s funny how much whingeing goes on from our fans. They would love to watch our spectacular football and they’d bite our hands for season cards starting from £300.

Season cards are not an issue, they sell out and have done for quite a few years.

This thread started about the Community Shield and has gone off track in parts. Some are on about the cost of individual tickets and have a point, me personally I think the £35 I paying for my CS ticket is not bad but we do not know the circumstances of other people.

I have been there though when my kids were younger and I got my first house, I gave up going, gave my season ticket up and missed a few seasons with only the odd game thrown in. So I think I do have some understanding or have empathy.

Season cards are not an issue, they sell out and have done for quite a few years.

This thread started about the Community Shield and has gone off track in parts. Some are on about the cost of individual tickets and have a point, me personally I think the £35 I paying for my CS ticket is not bad but we do not know the circumstances of other people.

I have been there though when my kids were younger and I got my first house, I gave up going, gave my season ticket up and missed a few seasons with only the odd game thrown in. So I think I do have some understanding or have empathy.

I agree. Everyone’s circumstances are different and I understand people not being able to afford to go the the CS and individual home games (especially when paying for their families). Like many other posters, I have had my ups and downs financially. That’s why I and many other posters have given tickets away on this Forum or let them go cheaply. Tickets are available on the Ticket page for about £20 for most home matches on the day of the game.

Given the long period of lack of success that we endured I find the apathy about attending a charity shield game at Wembley astounding.

Despite our new standing in the game we have no God Given right to reach Wembley finals. Every opportunity should be grasped like it could be the last time for 35 years.

Given the long period of lack of success that we endured I find the apathy about attending a charity shield game at Wembley astounding.

Despite our new standing in the game we have no God Given right to reach Wembley finals. Every opportunity should be grasped like it could be the last time for 35 years.
It's not a Wembley final though...it's a friendly...

It's not a Wembley final though...it's a friendly...

It's not a friendly really though? I'm not going to be one of those who classes this as a major trophy or anything, but it's still a competitive game with a really good history.

It's not a friendly really though? I'm not going to be one of those who classes this as a major trophy or anything, but it's still a competitive game with a really good history.
You seen its history?
It used be by invitation cos the league winners & cup winners couldnt be arsed with it...also teams would share it for 6 months if it was a draw,no one was interested til they started playing it at Wembley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.