Community shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going with the family although despite what people say it is a friendly being played at Wembley and the ticket costs are too high especially when you factor in travel costs. How much would it have cost the club to subsidise the cost of the tickets by 50% to help fans or laid on trains FOC. If we win many Chelsea fans will be home before we are even on the M1 or back at Euston.

A lot of people go on holiday in early August every year.

Payday is not until next week for many.

Some people don’t agree with the Community Shield being at Wembley.

SC prices have just gone up again - every time that happens it alienates some fans from the club each time and they decide “they aren’t getting anything else from me but my SC money” and they pull out of cup schemes and stop going to away games and games like this (that’s what 47% increases in SC prices in six years does to fans). Some even have to give up their seasoncard as they are priced out, and that’s soul destroying for some fans.

City spend too little time concentrating on local fans and don’t get into lapsed fans who’ve dropped away through disillusionment from the Pearce years or through being priced it over the years. They’re too obsessed with that Irish travel company who ship over Rags and Scousers to sit in the home stands at the Etihad or Tunnel Club and Platinum Boxes and getting fanboys from some backwater town in the US or a place we’ve never heard of in the Philippines who are never going to turn up to a game. I work at a school in Wythenshawe and haven’t seen anyone with a City badge walk through our door for about eight years but they love some no mark from Nigeria or South Korea posting about us on social media.

Also away game travellers are getting fewer and fewer the more the club give of our away allocations to corporates (did someone say 1/5 for most games 1/4 for some games of our away allocations are given to corporates now?) The ones who get tickets from their points are the same old faces every game. What that does is gets people used to not going to games away from the Etihad. The club don’t care about the fans who are in 2500-5000th place in the Loyalty Points scheme (who can hardly ever get away tickets anymore) and this is where it bites the club on the arse as fans just don’t bother anymore and find other things to spend their money on. Will all the corporate nobodies (many of which for away games over the last three years haven’t been City fans and some have been fans of the home club we’re playing against) who get tickets in our away ends up and down the country be turning up to Wembley in August? I bet the row of Liverpool fans in our away end at Anfield or the chunk of Arsenal fans in our away end at the Emirates or the Dresden fans who were supporting Huddersfield in the away end at Huddersfield wont fucking be there at Wembley next week, but the 600 proper City lads who the club lost by placing greater importance on these fucking nobodies in our away ends, won’t be neither because they’ve become disillusioned!

That hits the nail on the head. I use to have a season ticket from being about 9 until my early 20s when work, children etc prevented me from going. I use to go to as many away games as I could and it is part of the experience of making you love the club even more. Years later I wanted to bring my children up in the right way and enrolled them as season ticket holders.

They are always asking to go to away games but other than Wembley we have not got any chance of tickets. Sad to say but the United system of a ballot for all members is a much fairer way, than allocating tickets to those who are fortunate enough to have the money to be corporate

I would never criticise those City fans who can't make this game. The transport costs are high and holding these sort of matches in London is taking the piss. However personally I'll never get sick of going to Wembley. After decades of shit I am still conditioned into thinking: "You never know when we'll be here again."

That hits the nail on the head. I use to have a season ticket from being about 9 until my early 20s when work, children etc prevented me from going. I use to go to as many away games as I could and it is part of the experience of making you love the club even more. Years later I wanted to bring my children up in the right way and enrolled them as season ticket holders.

They are always asking to go to away games but other than Wembley we have not got any chance of tickets. Sad to say but the United system of a ballot for all members is a much fairer way, than allocating tickets to those who are fortunate enough to have the money to be corporate
Ballot system is only a fairer way if you haven't got enough points to get a ticket. It's not that fair if you've spent fortunes following the team around the country. And does anyone really trust the City ticket office to competently run a ballot? They are barely capable of selling the tickets as it is

Im afraid sitting in a coach for hours again on the seven sisters isn't an early evening pastime I can be arsed with. Got back at just gone 1am.
Its a friendly at which we will have most of the first team out or making mere cameo roles. Last one i remember was the 0 - 3 embarrassment - no thanks.

The first final of many hopefully :-)
I don't think Pep considers this game as a glorified friendly from what he said yesterday......

"Most of them are coming back, we have just four or five days to prepare for the first final (Community Shield), so we will have to adapt, and some coming back after the final," said Guardiola.

Given the long period of lack of success that we endured I find the apathy about attending a charity shield game at Wembley astounding.

Despite our new standing in the game we have no God Given right to reach Wembley finals. Every opportunity should be grasped like it could be the last time for 35 years.

Are you willing to help with travel and ticket costs for those less fortunate?

You go and enjoy the game but do not come on here critical of others who cannot make it for whatever reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.