COMS to the Arctic Circle Christies cycle: MADE IT!!

Re: COMS to the Arctic Circle: Charity cycle *LEAVING 15th JUNE*

rickmcfc said:
Just thought i would say all the best mate and im sure you will have a great time. Just out of interest, what route are you taking?

Manchester to Dover

Getting the ferry to Calais

Calais to Copenhagen

Then crossing a bridge into Malmo, Sweden

Then cycling to Oslo

And then all the way to the most northernmost point in Norway

sunjihai17 said:
rickmcfc said:
Just thought i would say all the best mate and im sure you will have a great time. Just out of interest, what route are you taking?

Manchester to Dover

Calais to Copenhagen

Then cycling to Oslo

how many miles have you worked it out at. Thats amazing what your doing, would have loved to be joining you. How long do you expect it to take you to complete. You should get some amazing views of the Northern Lights from Copenhagen and upwards. Good luck mate.

sunjihai17 said:
Have you used that stuff before Fat Chance? Is it any good?

Perhaps you don't know it yet but it's your single most important piece of kit. Sweat will take the skin of your inner arse cheek and with each push with the peddle the other cheek will nudge the fresh abrasion causing a sensation much akin to being lowered onto a bacon slicer.

The kid behind the site is called David and very personable, drop him a line and explain your plans and i'm sure he'll steer you onto anything you may have overlooked. Distance is all about comfort, a titanium seat post would be my tip.

rickmcfc said:
sunjihai17 said:
Manchester to Dover

Calais to Copenhagen

Then cycling to Oslo

how many miles have you worked it out at. Thats amazing what your doing, would have loved to be joining you. How long do you expect it to take you to complete. You should get some amazing views of the Northern Lights from Copenhagen and upwards. Good luck mate.

2,500 miles. It should take us 2 months. I've heard you can see the Northern Lights from mid August onwards so can't wait.<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:06 pm --<br /><br />
Fat Chance said:
sunjihai17 said:
Have you used that stuff before Fat Chance? Is it any good?

Perhaps you don't know it yet but it's your single most important piece of kit. Sweat will take the skin of your inner arse cheek and with each push with the peddle the other cheek will nudge the fresh abrasion causing a sensation much akin to being lowered onto a bacon slicer.

The kid behind the site is called David and very personable, drop him a line and explain your plans and i'm sure he'll steer you onto anything you may have overlooked. Distance is all about comfort, a titanium seat post would be my tip.

Thanks for the tip. We are leaving in the morning so we won't have time to buy off the internet but will probably stop off on the way at a shop somewhere and purchase some (or something similar).

Cheers mate.

Thanks for the tip. We are leaving in the morning so we won't have time to buy off the internet but will probably stop off on the way at a shop somewhere and purchase some (or something similar).

Cheers mate.[/quote]

If you stuck for time then a tub of vaseline will suffice till you stumble into more appropriate merchandice.

here is a great website for the northern lights, dont worry, you will see them mate, just click through the dates going forwards, the higher the PH number on that day, the further south you can see them. Tomorrow you can see them as far south as Aberdeen, take a camera with you lol!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.gedds.alaska.edu/AuroraForecast/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gedds.alaska.edu/AuroraForecast/</a>

Just added this vid to the MCFC Facebook page. Good luck, lads!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/mcfcofficial?v=app_2392950137&ref=ts#!/video/video.php?v=10150188125010567&ref=mf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/mcfcofficial?v= ... 567&ref=mf</a>

2900km cycled. 1200km to go! We should reach the Arctic Circle in a week. Donations are still needed so if you are feeling generous then you can help us to purchase Christies a new Dinamap Monitor worth 1800 quid.

Thanks very much. Booked flights so that I am back in time for Spurs away!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.