Confirmed - Denis Suarez joins Barca

chesterguy said:
Tim of the Oak said:
So much for the new "holistic" approach. Suarez gone and Rekik on loan when we have an injury crisis.

This is another player who wasn't given a chance I.e. playing attacking midfield in front of an unfit Gareth Barry vs Villa in his only first team game last season.

I look forward to the day when we develop our own players - to play alongside top internationals - but it is clear this is years off.

I am not sure how much you saw of Suarez but I saw a few eds games and he never controlled a game like a top player might. Yes he is a good player and in the right league he might do well but he was certainly not a shoe in to be a first team regular with City

To all those who say I hope this deal is one we might live to regret. I would say that if he makes it at Barcelona good luuckj to him but we would have got 8m for the pleasure which for a only promising 19 year old is not bad going

Thanks Chesterguy
I saw Suararez play a few times starting with the pre-season tournament in Dublin a couple of years ago and he lokked a talented player.I haven't seen him play many games for the EDS and you will have probably seen more of his games than me.

As a playmaker of slight build, I think it is asking a bit much to expect Suarez to dominate games at this stage of his development. We don't know of he could have made it here but Suarez was never given te chance - and we're led to believe that a few youngsters would get some first team game time. 4-0 against a 10 man Newcastle could have been one such opportunity - as was the previous home game against Norwich when we had nothing to play for.

SWP's back said:
Time of the Month said:
So much for the new "holistic" approach. Suarez gone and Rekik on loan when we have an injury crisis.

This is another player who wasn't given a chance I.e. playing attacking midfield in front of an unfit Gareth Barry vs Villa in his only first team game last season.

I look forward to the day when we develop our own players - to play alongside top internationals - but it is clear this is years off.
Yes he wasn't given a chance which is one of the reasons we got rid of the non-holistic manager.
He barely shone in the EDS so he didn't deserve a chance in the first team. There were better players than him in the EDS.

Caveman said:
SWP's back said:
Time of the Month said:

Yes he wasn't given a chance which is one of the reasons we got rid of the non-holistic manager.
He barely shone in the EDS so he didn't deserve a chance in the first team. There were better players than him in the EDS.

It doesn't change the point that nobody from the EDS has been given a real chance or is close to getting one.

Had to laugh at SWP's back trying to turn this into a Mancini thread!

Tim of the Oak said:
Caveman said:
SWP's back said:

It doesn't change the point that nobody from the EDS has been given a real chance or is close to getting one.

In signing a 27 year old and two 28 year olds this Summer, as well as someone slightly you get at 23, I doubt we'll see a great deal of any if them this season.

In Lopes and Pozo's area of the pitch we have Silva Nasri Navas Jovetić Milner and if we're playing him off a striker Agüero too.

Rekik is out on loan and nobody else in the EDS is anywhere near good enough.

Suarez and Roman. :'(

BSXJfUpCcAAsiRi.jpg:large

Tim of the Oak said:
Caveman said:
SWP's back said:

The point is surely that to move from the EDS the manager has to be sure that the player is good enough. To get in the City side now a player has to be an international and approaching an almost world class level. At 18 - 21 that is asking an awful lot of any young player so the bar has been raised up about 6 levels from where it was.

I remember watching Sam Williamson play thinking he could be a player now he wouldnt make the EDS squad. I think we all want to see this conveyor belt from youth to EDS to first team and I am absolutely certain its the long term aim of the club. I just think we have to give it time and develop naturally, if you will, and not try to force young players who are not yet ready into the first team

Clearly those who are deemed to be good enough will get their chance but it will be tough gig

Sorry but if you saw this lad play regularly you wouldn't even raise an eyebrow. I never saw him have an impact on a game. He was nowhere near good enough to break into the first team and I very much doubt will ever prove to be a top level player. Shed no tears.

I think he is just at the wrong age, his time will only come when he is about 24/25 when Silva/Nasri/Navas are all older, while Lopes and Pozo will be 22/23 when our current regulars are older.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.