Confirmed: Nathan Ake signs 5 year contract

I don't think it was a case of him not cutting the mustard, they just couldn't give him the game time he needed. They clearly rated him hence the buyback clause.

I think he'll be a great signing - adds strength in areas where we needed it.
I think the post you have replied to is talking about Kevin not Nathan Ake..

Gets the bag, gets engaged to a beautiful women, and signs for city in the same week?

Bravo! Legendary stuff.

2020%2f8%2fAkeCityWS.jpg

Aerial success worries me a bit. Otamendi isn't tall either but has a decent success rate.

Spot on, and my point exactly. This signing is a clear indication that City are planning to move ahead without Stones. I’m not sure what happend to him but he need to find a new challenge elsewhere as we’ll never win a trophy like the UCL with him defending. He’s good against several clubs in the prem but looks insecure as soon as we lose the ball and he actually need to work. He’s not the guy to stop Lewandowski, Mbappe, Neymar, Ronaldo. He never was. I still believe Stones was a last-minute solution when Laporte back in 2016 had a change of heart at the very last second.
Always be a hero for that goal line clearance against the “Bus Wreckers”, won us the PL that season.

Always be a hero for that goal line clearance against the “Bus Wreckers”, won us the PL that season.

Stones almost did us that moment. He created havoc by blasting the ball up against Ederson and than had to clear it of the line himself. Ederson could’ve easily picked it up.

It’s a pity Stones never made the grade. Never the same again when he picked up a hammy. Up until that moment I believed he would make it. Now I very much doubt it.

Shades of the beginning of the 2017/18 season with our business here. Getting it done and getting it done quietly.

You could sign Messi under the radar this summer - there’s only the Sancho show in the media - United manage to put the spotlight in them most summers in this way... it has to be about them. Let’s hope they overpay and Sancho flops - that’s the usual formula.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.