Confirmed: Nathan Ake signs 5 year contract

Just watched the interview and love the guy already. Seem like a great lad and will definitely improve us

Bournemouth fan here, I think you’ll all be very happy with Ake once he’s settled in.

This obviously won’t mean anything at all coming from me given you lot watch players like Silva and KDB on a weekly basis, but Ake is far and away the best, most technically gifted player we’ve ever had. Don’t let our defensive record fool you, he’s absolutely a world class player waiting to happen imo, and hopefully he’ll prove it next season in a world class team.

If you had any questions or anything on how he plays I’m happy to help; good luck for next season!

Last edited:
Bournemouth fan here, I think you’ll all be very happy with Ake once he’s settled in.

This obviously won’t mean anything at all coming from me given you lot watch players like Silva and KDB in a weekly basis, but Ake is far and away the best, most technically gifted player we’ve ever had. Don’t let our defensive record fool you, he’s absolutely a world class player waiting to happen imo, and hopefully he’ll prove it next season in a world class team.

If you had any questions or anything on how he plays I’m happy to help; good luck for next season!

Cheers mate... interesting to hear your comments. Just seen his first interview and he comes over very well. If you want to see that interview it's on the City website...and the best of luck to Bournemouth for next season.

This obviously won’t mean anything at all coming from me given you lot watch players like Silva and KDB on a weekly basis, but Ake is far and away the best, most technically gifted player we’ve ever had. Don’t let our defensive record fool you, he’s absolutely a world class player waiting to happen imo, and hopefully he’ll prove it next season in a world class team.

Welcome,i noticed him when he used to play for the Chelsea EDS v our kids,I am really glad we got him,we will take good care of him

The interviewer needs to improve

" Was Pep a big factor ? "

" Are you going to use our facility that provide you with vid and stats to improve ?"

" Do you like our style of football ? "

Boring questions where the player only can say yes.

The interviewer needs to improve

" Was Pep a big factor ? "

" Are you going to use our facility that provide you with vid and stats to improve ?"

" Do you like our style of football ? "

Boring questions where the player only can say yes.
Its an in-house interview, they are always little more than an exercise in platitudes and PR fluff. What were you expecting, Frost/Nixon?

Cheers mate... interesting to hear your comments. Just seen his first interview and he comes over very well. If you want to see that interview it's on the City website...and the best of luck to Bournemouth for next season.

Yeah he always comes across as a generally decent guy tbf. Most of our fans are just happy for him and want him to do well which is a testament to this; even his last act in an AFCB shirt was a goal saving tackle that nearly tore his groin- even though he knew he was leaving. Compare that to how we feel about Fraser haha.

While I’m here, what I will say is that although he can play in multiple positions, I’d consider him primarily a CB. Pep might well be able to turn him into a fantastic LB, but I think he’d be a little wasted out wide. And as a midfielder, he hasn’t played there often in recent years; he can do the job fairly well, but I’d imagine you’d want more than “he can do the job” in a midfielder. Though tbf he might shine in a team that has more of the ball.

As a CB he’s incredibly reliable and calm, he pretty much never makes errors, is very quick and athletic, is a goal threat in the other box and is fantastic at winning the ball cleanly and getting teammates out of trouble. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at just how easy he makes defending look haha. The only real “weakness” to his game is his aerial ability in defence, but even then I wouldn’t really call it a weakness; that’s just not the style of CB he is. He still wins a fair amount of headers due to his leap.

Yeah he always comes across as a generally decent guy tbf. Most of our fans are just happy for him and want him to do well which is a testament to this; even his last act in an AFCB shirt was a goal saving tackle that nearly tore his groin- even though he knew he was leaving. Compare that to how we feel about Fraser haha.

While I’m here, what I will say is that although he can play in multiple positions, I’d consider him primarily a CB. Pep might well be able to turn him into a fantastic LB, but I think he’d be a little wasted out wide. And as a midfielder, he hasn’t played there often in recent years; he can do the job fairly well, but I’d imagine you’d want more than “he can do the job” in a midfielder. Though tbf he might shine in a team that has more of the ball.

As a CB he’s incredibly reliable and calm, he pretty much never makes errors, is very quick and athletic, is a goal threat in the other box and is fantastic at winning the ball cleanly and getting teammates out of trouble. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at just how easy he makes defending look haha. The only real “weakness” to his game is his aerial ability in defence, but even then I wouldn’t really call it a weakness; that’s just not the style of CB he is. He still wins a fair amount of headers due to his leap.

Thanks for your views on Ake. I`ve liked him when I`ve seen him play, he does look a good player who calm which is the opposite to Stones, Otamendi I really hope this transfer is a success for City and the player.

Fraser, what a **** he is.
Best of luck for next season

Always been a fan, been saying for 2 or 3 years he should be on our shopping list because of how he plays, delighted he's here and expect him to stay a long time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.