Congratulations and Well Done!

Shafter said:
Just thought i'd drop in to offer you all my congratulaions on lifting the FA Cup yesterday.

The better team won and i have no shame in saying that.

Hope you all had a great day, and even though we lost it was the most amazing experience in my 27 years as a Stoke supporter. From the moment we desended on baker street at 9am and took over the globe i thought the banter between Stoke and Man City fans was second to none. Everyone enjoying the day, shaking hands, drinking together and wishing each other all the best.....it's what it's all about.

The tube rides were great banter too and apart from a few minor skirmishes i thought both sets of fans were a credit to their clubs.

We stayed over last night and a great night out bumping into other stoke and man city fans everywhere without a hint of trouble.

So all in all a top day all round. See you tuesday but don't rub it in too much eh!!! ;-)

Nice one shafter mate, will def be cheering for you in the Europa. Happy to buy you a pint on Tues if you want..?!

BluePurgatory said:
Shafter said:
Just thought i'd drop in to offer you all my congratulaions on lifting the FA Cup yesterday.

The better team won and i have no shame in saying that.

Hope you all had a great day, and even though we lost it was the most amazing experience in my 27 years as a Stoke supporter. From the moment we desended on baker street at 9am and took over the globe i thought the banter between Stoke and Man City fans was second to none. Everyone enjoying the day, shaking hands, drinking together and wishing each other all the best.....it's what it's all about.

The tube rides were great banter too and apart from a few minor skirmishes i thought both sets of fans were a credit to their clubs.

We stayed over last night and a great night out bumping into other stoke and man city fans everywhere without a hint of trouble.

So all in all a top day all round. See you tuesday but don't rub it in too much eh!!! ;-)
Thanks and have to say my opinion of your fans went up yesterday and your message only confirms it.

I second that

Thanks Shafter. We have a Poster on here, "Prestwich Blue" and he uses the term to describe a team and where City need to be as " more than the sum of it's parts". With lesser players Stoke have acheived that. That phrase; and knowing what Stoke were capable of gave me numerous sleepless nights in the previous weeks.

I really think you can do some damage in Europe next Season and if it wasn't for a host of ridiculous decisions against you during August and September you would have finished even higher in the League.

Nice one and fair play, Shafter. Your fans were great yesterday and I hope the largely decent banter has put an end to some of the bad feeling between the clubs' supporters which seems to have intensified in recent seasons.
Now I'm just dreading the morning. Back to work after a perfectly timed week off. And my gaffer is a season ticket holder at the Britannia who was in your end yesterday. I suspect I'm getting all the shit jobs this week - and not sure what he'll say when I tell him I'm jibbing off early on Tuesday to go to the match...

Cheers all, top bunch ;-)

Yep, i'll be heading up on tuesday for my sins,don't know if i'll have time for a pint though as it'll be a mad dash from work but i'll see.

I still think we'll take a healthy following although maybe not as many as we usually would......financial constraints of 2 wembley appearances and the small fact that we lost the other day adding to that. Hopefully it'll be a good atmosphere though.

Glad you all had a great day out at wembley.

LongsightM13 said:
Nice one and fair play, Shafter. Your fans were great yesterday and I hope the largely decent banter has put an end to some of the bad feeling between the clubs' supporters which seems to have intensified in recent seasons.
Now I'm just dreading the morning. Back to work after a perfectly timed week off. And my gaffer is a season ticket holder at the Britannia who was in your end yesterday. I suspect I'm getting all the shit jobs this week - and not sure what he'll say when I tell him I'm jibbing off early on Tuesday to go to the match...

LongsightM13 tomorrow morning...

man-cleaning-mop-apron.jpg

After previous experience of Stoke fans I was very pleasantly surprised yesterday.

Here's hoping for a Super Cup final in 12/13 (I think) against you.

LongsightM13 said:

Too right mate, it's about time we started getting along a bit more.

And my bet is that your gaffer will have you cleaning the shitters all week ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.