constant BS from trafford(merged)

the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
jackrussel said:
just for the record dennis law is a absolute gentleman

Met Dennis in Blackpool years ago now. I whispered in my son'r ear, "That's Dennis Law that is, he used to play for City, go and ask him for his autograph". This "absolute gentleman" then told my son to "F*ck off!" just because when my six year old asked for his autograph he said "Did you used play for City?" and he obviously took exception to this. When I and a family friend went over to "explain" to him that we didn't appreciate his manners he shit himself, was full of apologies and gave the autograph, which I then ripped up in front of him.

Absolute Gentleman? Absolute C*nt in my books mate!

Strange.

I've encountered him loads of times, as have members of my family, friends, acquaintances etc & he's never come across as anything less than courtious, good humoured & a general 'salt of the Earth' type bloke, be they reds, blues or neither. That is also the opinion I've had from anyone else I've ever met who has been fortunate enough to cross paths with him.

You must have been very very unlucky.

Neville Kneville said:
jackrussel said:
just for the record dennis law is a absolute gentleman

Met Dennis in Blackpool years ago now. I whispered in my son'r ear, "That's Dennis Law that is, he used to play for City, go and ask him for his autograph". This "absolute gentleman" then told my son to "F*ck off!" just because when my six year old asked for his autograph he said "Did you used play for City?" and he obviously took exception to this. When I and a family friend went over to "explain" to him that we didn't appreciate his manners he shit himself, was full of apologies and gave the autograph, which I then ripped up in front of him.

Strange.

I've encountered him loads of times, as have members of my family, friends, acquaintances etc & he's never come across as anything less than courtious, good humoured & a general 'salt of the Earth' type bloke, be they reds, blues or neither. That is also the opinion I've had from anyone else I've ever met who has been fortunate enough to cross paths with him.

That might well be the case, I AM generally unlucky ... but I base my opinions on MY experiences and not on what people tell me, so my opinion still stands. I've got no time for this ex-hero of mine any more, which is kinda sad really don't you think?

Neville Kneville said:

Strange.

That might well be the case, I AM generally unlucky ... but I base my opinions on MY experiences and not on what people tell me, so my opinion still stands. I've got no time for this ex-hero of mine any more, which is kinda sad really don't you think?

Not from my experience either mate, in fact he went out of his way to introduce himself to a group I was with. Lovely bloke. You must have caught him on a bad day.

sorry to hear you had a bad experiance with dennis theres no excuse for that behaviour,maybe he was having a bad day,but thats no excuse especially with children

There goes the fear
Let it go...

As someone far more clever than me succinctly put it.

They obviously have a rota of people who will be wheeled out spouting the same old garbage: -

"We know how to win the league"
"We won't blink first"
"We have the easier run in"

blah, blah, blah

Hopefully RM and the squad will smile and accept it as a compliment.

Imagine how feverish it'll get come May.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.