Conundrum

PannickAtTheDisco

One for you lot...

You overhear your bosses talking about letting your best friend go. Not just your best work mate but genuine friend.

Do you...

(a) Give them the heads up because you're a nice person, but risk them bringing it up to the bosses when they inform them they're letting them go and inadvertently dropping you in the shit at work

Or

(b) Not tell them, let the bosses tell them out of the blue and pretend you knew nothing and have it on your conscience with your friendship going forward.

No misconduct etc.

Which would you go for?

If they are a genuine friend they won't drop you in it inadvertenly, so tell them, how could your boss prove you said anything

Surely any misconduct is on the part of your bosses as they shouldn't be discussing the matter where you would be able to overhear their conversation? Assuming you were not pressing your ear to the door that is ;-)

I would personally tell them.

Tell him so he can make plans. If he can’t keep his month shut and says he heard it from you deny all knowledge, they haven’t told you so can’t prove it fame from you

No brainier, you have to give them the heads up, they are not likely to drop
You in the shit but it may give them a better chance of defending themselves or sorting something else out... I would have told them quicker than it took to write this..!

No brainier, you have to give them the heads up, they are not likely to drop
You in the shit but it may give them a better chance of defending themselves or sorting something else out... I would have told them quicker than it took to write this..!

They're working from home and I'm in the office, I don't really want to text them it as that's putting it on record that I told them.

One for you lot...

You overhear your bosses talking about letting your best friend go. Not just your best work mate but genuine friend.

Do you...

(a) Give them the heads up because you're a nice person, but risk them bringing it up to the bosses when they inform them they're letting them go and inadvertently dropping you in the shit at work

Or

(b) Not tell them, let the bosses tell them out of the blue and pretend you knew nothing and have it on your conscience with your friendship going forward.

No misconduct etc.

Which would you go for?
Tell him, especially as you overheard it, so it doesn’t really matter if he tells them he already knows.
It’s also a very different situation than if they’ve told you and asked you not to say anything to him.

Speak with your boss,tell them they either come clean and give him the heads up themselves so he can prepare for such an eventuality......or you tell him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.