cook = legend

it s a sad state of affairs when fellow blues are praising a businessman as a fking legend.

Building the brand?

I want us to do well but not at the expense of what city has always been about.

Half of you are dropping your trousers and abandoning any principles at the mere sniff we might win a trophy or two.

Shame on you.

COOK- KENYON - GILLETTE - HICKS - GLAZERS - ABROMOVICH all leeches the game should be rid off. If you for one minute think any of these clowns care about the ordinary fan of any club you have a serious bang on the head.

Dentonyan said:
it s a sad state of affairs when fellow blues are praising a businessman as a fking legend.

Building the brand?

Half of you are dropping your trousers and abandoning any principles at the mere sniff we might win a trophy or two.

Shame on you.

COOK- KENYON - GILLETTE - HICKS - GLAZERS - ABROMOVICH all leeches the game should be rid off. If you for one minute think any of these clowns care about the ordinary fan of any club you have a serious bang on the head.

For the first time in 30 years the club is actually listening to fans and actually making changes that ordinary supporters want.

Its got nothing to do about a sniff of a trophy

Prophet of Doom said:
Dentonyan said:

Building the brand?

Shame on you.

For the first time in 30 years the club is actually listening to fans and actually making changes that ordinary supporters want.

Its got nothing to do about a sniff of a trophy

Dave Wallace?

Cook isnt even a blue, like Kenyon he is on an ego trip for rich owners who are treating the club like a little toy, great if we win a few trophies but what if they walk away in 10 years? How will we survive?

I have no idea whether he is doing a good job or not. Most of that sort of stuff will only be known internally and by those in the know.

I've no reason to suspect he isn't though.

What Cook is an example of though, and I suppose it's a credit to him, is how easy it is to win over fans if you feed them some spin, shake a few hands, invite a few who run websites or supporters clubs to sit in boxes and throw out soundbites that you know they will lap up.

I would have thought he is behind the marketting stuff and anyone behind that has to be given a lot of credit though.

As I say, I don't really know much about the job he is doing. I suspect it is probably a very good one.

It does strike me though that those on here who proclaim that the man is God fall broadly into two groups. Those who wet themselves whenever there is any sort of positive soundbite regarding City and those who have met him/been invited to things by him and therefore have, if you like, a vested interest.

He's a Chief Exec FFS. Let's hope he does a brilliant job. The way some people go on about him on here though you'd think he had revolutionised football and not just taken a club forward in the manner that you would hope most highly paid executives would if they were given the biggest budget in the world ever.

PS: like it or not, when I was discussing City with some non City fans the other day they all, to a man, branded him a clown. When I asked why they said he seemed full of it, cited the Kaka quote and a couple also mentioned that he seemed to be 'doing a Risdale', trying to appear on camara all the time - mentioning the "stage managed" (not my words) hug to Tevez as soon as he stepped through the doors. So, spin, PR and soundbites work both ways.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I have no idea whether he is doing a good job or not. Most of that sort of stuff will only be known internally and by those in the know.

What Cook is an example of though, and I suppose it's a credit to him, is how easy it is to win over fans if you feed them some spin, shake a few hands, invite a few who run websites or supporters clubs to sit in boxes and throw out soundbites that you know they will lap up.

I would have thought he is behind the marketting stuff and anyone behind that has to be given a lot of credit though.

As I say, I don't really know much about the job he is doing. I suspect it is probably a very good one.

It does strike me though that those on here who proclaim that the man is God fall broadly into two groups. Those who wet themselves whenever there is any sort of positive soundbite regarding City and those who have met him/been invited to things by him and therefore have, if you like, a vested interest.

He's a Chief Exec FFS. Let's hope he does a brilliant job. The way some people go on about him on here though you'd think he had revolutionised football and not just taken a club forward in the manner that you would hope most highly paid executives would if they were given the biggest budget in the world ever.

PS: like it or not, when I was discussing City with some non City fans the other day they all, to a man, branded him a clown. When I asked why they said he seemed full of it, cited the Kaka quote and a couple also mentioned that he seemed to be 'doing a Risdale', trying to appear on camara all the time - mentioning the "stage managed" (not my words) hug to Tevez as soon as he stepped through the doors. So, spin, PR and soundbites work both ways.

well put mate.

He s in it to make a name for himself to maybe be the new Adam Crozier etc

Yes if success comes all well and good to some extent but at what possible cost. I know a fair few Chelsea fans from living down there for a few years who ve always detested Kenyon and they like me see Cook as the same mould, for blues to proclaim a suit as a legend is a sad reflection on them. I must question their age and how long they have been watching football, before 1990? I fear not.

Dentonyan said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:

well put mate.

He s in it to make a name for himself to maybe be the new Adam Crozier etc

Yes if success comes all well and good to some extent but at what possible cost. I know a fair few Chelsea fans from living down there for a few years who ve always detested Kenyon and they like me see Cook as the same mould, for blues to proclaim a suit as a legend is a sad reflection on them. I must question their age and how long they have been watching football, before 1990? I fear not.

I am not saying I agree with them. I don't really have enough access to the day to day running of Manchester City to make a proper judgement. As is the case, I suspect, for the 'legend' crew.

Regarding the opinion of other fans though. I suspect I would hold exactly the same opinion if I were in their situation (again, coming from a position of relative ignorance). For me, even though some people were wetting themselves on here, the 'Tevez hug' was cringeworthy and most definitely reminiscent of some of the exploits of Peter "Get me on camara - I'm Mr Leeds - It's all down to me" Risdale.

Hopefully that's the only similarity. I have no reason to suspect that it goes any further than that.

legend is a bit too far but the man has done some good work as for kaka why doubt what he says or is it your still crying he didnt come, how do you know milan didnt bottle it because it sounded like it their chairman is the prime minister ffs biggest b@stards on the planet, as for too many suits i agree but thats the fault of players getting agents and thats the fault of clubs trying to control players, if your looking for love and loyalty look at each other because thats the only place it exists the rest is buisness plain and simple, christ were lucky they give a shit and do ask us our opinion just look at the rags they dont give a shit about their fans (but i dont blame them because they are fickle knunts) but people do need to wake up to the fact that cook is just the face of it better than Dr suliman though.

dw7 said:
dont mind the transfare dealing look what he's done for US the fans

listend to us re. the kits
dove concert
tevez billboard
ticket pricine

if anyone can think of more go ahead im sure there's loads
could'nt agree more Cook seems to to feel the pain the same as we do when things arn't going our way. read that when we got the equallizer at blackburn he had tears rollin down his cheeks. and the new web site is second to none he's driving the club forward at an unbelivable rate anyone slagging him off is out of order the guy deserves our full backing we owe him a huge debt for the job he's done upto now. WELL DONE GARY!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.