Cook, Marwood - Tevez : who's fault ?

After reading this thread. I think Real Mad, could make an move for him in January. If they feel getting Tevez, weill allow them to win La Liga or CL. They will do it. Its just an matter if they feel he is the missing piece. Otherwise he is here till the summer.

Gary James said:
I posted this on another thread but it probably should be here really....

I wasn't going to comment on the Tevez situation but after seeing various comments, suggestions and accusations I thought I'd contribute a small amount based on my impressions of the people involved.

Looking at the evidence (very important season; domestic issues over last year; City talisman; Rooney's deal at OT etc.) it seems obvious that the issue is either the family situation in Argentina or all about the agent's need to keep finding new markets/funds. It is almost certainly not about senior figures within City.

I have met and interviewed Garry Cook and Brian Marwood extensively over the last year or so (at some very successful moments and some absolutely bleak times), and was last with Brian for a couple of hours on Thursday last week. Despite what may be said in the media these guys are performing wonderfully well at City and their vision is (in comparison with other footballing figures) astounding. They are not the only ones at City who have turned the Club into the most professional and well-organised it has ever been (and I would argue few clubs if any can match the Blues in this area).

City's player care is now head and shoulders above most other clubs in European/world football and so if Tevez's problems truly are about his domestic situation then, apart from physically being in Argentina, I cannot see how he could be at a better club. City's leaders really do show significant interest in player welfare at all levels and I would be absolutely amazed if they have not shown compassion as they have done in previous months.

I have total faith that Garry, Brian et al would have looked at every option whether this is actually about family or even about relationship with a 'senior official'. It really cannot be about a senior official (I won't go into it, but perhaps City's relationship with agents is toughening up!).

If this is truly about City's leaders, then we should support our 'senior official' all the way because if this figure is supposed to be Garry, Brian or Khaldoon you can be certain that they are acting in the long term best interests of Manchester City. As fans we have to want that.

No one is bigger than City and, unlike what Utd did with Rooney, City should not compromise on their beliefs/plans/strategy. If Tevez has to go, so be it, but please don't let this issue cause friction for Garry, Brian and the others.

Their vision is right for City and will bring rewards.

Well said Gary as always.

City Raider said:
brasilboy said:
I support the other team in Manchester. It was no problem for me with Tevez moving to City. That said he has surprised me and been a far better player in Blue than in Red. City have a team capable of challenging for the league but what they have not got yet is a settled team because when you buy lots of individuals over a short period of time there will be personalities to be sorted out. I don't see Tevez as a settling influence (far from it) and City will probably be better trying to cash him at a profit and find a replacement who is not such a prick. City certainly don't want people to be rocking the boat now and if they can sort this out there is a chance of the league this year rather than a few years down the line.

That must be Droylsden then? Unlucky in the cup last week.

Can't argue with your post.

Droylsden?

It's now in Manchester is it..!

Who is to blame???? Well let’s just think about that one!!! Teves has sited on numerous occasions that he is home sick and misses his two children badly, fair enough any father would!! So City take pity on him and want to keep him sweet even though it was his stupid fault getting caught with his pants down. Cook and Mancini sanction him to have extra time off so he could go and be with them when one of the kids was ill, as well as extra days out there when on International duty.
Carlos maintains it has nothing to do with money, he says the very people who were compassionate to his plight are the reason he wants to leave as well as his family.
Then he gets himself booked at Bolton, then he has a hissy fit at Mancini when he subs him, but after all that Mancini and Cook allow him an extra day off so he could spend it with his family!!

What does the ungrateful twot do??? Takes his girlfriend to Tenerife for 4 days!!!!

i'm sorry for bringing rag cafe into this, but a good point is a good point and i had a feeling that this was part of a pattern

Quote:
A Brief History Of Carlos Tevez
The boy's got form...

Boca Juniors (2001-2004)
Tevez forces his way out of the club claiming that the press intrusion in Argentina is too much for him and his family and the club aren't doing enough to support him. Public bust-up with manager also ensues.

Claims he loves the club and supporters, and always will.

Time at club: Two-and-a-half seasons.

Corinthians (2005-2006)
Tevez forces his way out of the club, going on strike, after arguments - some physical - with teammates, the head coach and the club president.

Time at club: One season.

West Ham (2006-2007)
Tevez almost immediately falls out with the manager and players. Storms off and threatens to go on strike after being substituted. Goes AWOL to Argentina at one point.

Time at club: One season.

Manchester United (2007-2009)
Tevez complains of being fatigued and overplayed in his first season. In his second, he complains of being underplayed - drama queening it every time he's taken off - managing just five goals, despite playing more minutes than the league's third top scorer Fernando Torres. Parting shot of "I'll scream in Ferguson's face when I score against them".

Time at club: Two seasons.

Manchester City (2009-????)
Tevez is tired, homesick, wants to retire, takes time off to see his daughter and is caught on camera spending that time allegedly banging his mistress (the actually banging remains unphotographed), feels there's too much greed in football despite being the highest-paid player in Britain, hates football in general yet throws a wobbly every time he's taken off, wants his old life back, hates the club executives, claims that he would like to punch his young teammates and finally hands in a transfer request.

Time at club: One-and-a-half seasons so far, some of it begrudgingly.

He's been a **** from day 1.

NewbBlue said:
Dyed Petya said:
Because Kia will pocket a bonus for getting Tevez to Madrid and Madrid don't want to wait.

If this could be found to be true, I'd go nuclear on Real Madrid. Sell Tevez to Barca at a reduced price just to deal a death blow to Real's trophy chances. Pay no agent's fees in retaliation on Kia. If he doesn't like no agent's fees, then we can see to it that Tevez never kicks a ball in a professional game until after his 30th birthday or ever again.

They need to know not to fuck with our club or Sheikh Mansour. If they do, we should deal harsh retaliating blows.
Bang on, exactly what we should do. Get behind the club and .... Tevez

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.