Cook, Marwood - Tevez : who's fault ?

sweep said:
Craggers said:
A while ago you mentioned the problems at the club are more deep rooted than people think so I might be putting 2 and 2 together here and getting 5, but its worth a punt.
I reckon the statement doesn't mention Mancini because KJ and CT know he has the backing of Sheikh Mansour and Khaaldoon, which might be something that Cook and Marwood don't?
It certainly sounds like that's what they're hoping. I'm far from being Cooks biggest fan but I really don't think he's the problem here.

My completely uninformed opinion is that Tevez has an overinflated opinion of himself and has been acting the diva and making demands like training at times that suit him, regular trips home, never get subbed off unless he signals the bench to do so, tubes of Smarties with the blue ones removed, etc.

I'd tell them, 'You're under contract and you'll be here until we find a replacement and line up a suitable transfer deal for you.'

Yeah you might be right there. After reading the post from AustinBlue (which I think is spot on) I think this is possibly the reaction KJ and CT were after.

AustinBlue said:
Cook and Marwood are responsible for making sure City honor the contract they made with Tevez. They then helped make him a fan favorite by making him the poster boy for the club, and doing lots of PR to boost his public image. I don't think even Tevez is suggestion that City haven't honored the contract. Sounds like City even offered enhancements. So what can Cook or Marwood possibly have done that impacts Tevez negatively? This: After Tevez's agent demanded money above and beyond the existing contract, and after submitting a written transfer request that the agent leaked to a News of the World reporter banned from our club... Then Cook and Marwood told the truth about Tevez asking for more money thus exposing the lack of honour and loyalty. It makes Tevez look the way he really is. They called his agent's bluff.

Tevez not wanting to honor the contract he signed, screwing up his own home life, disrespecting a manager who seems very balanced and reasonable... Telling the News of the World that he was submitting a written transfer request.... All while sitting on a beach in Tenerife on compassionate leave to see his children. That's not a team player quietly trying to take care of his family. That's blackmail / manipulation / betrayal.

Fault lies 100% with Tevez and his agent. No-one at City has blame. Tevez's agent is betting that City fans turn on the club leadership. I hope he's underestimated us.

I hope Tevez does a full Rooney and apologizes and returns. But I back our club 100% in taking a stand against this nonsense.

Well said fellow US based Blue!!

BufordUSABlue said:
AustinBlue said:
Cook and Marwood are responsible for making sure City honor the contract they made with Tevez. They then helped make him a fan favorite by making him the poster boy for the club, and doing lots of PR to boost his public image. I don't think even Tevez is suggestion that City haven't honored the contract. Sounds like City even offered enhancements. So what can Cook or Marwood possibly have done that impacts Tevez negatively? This: After Tevez's agent demanded money above and beyond the existing contract, and after submitting a written transfer request that the agent leaked to a News of the World reporter banned from our club... Then Cook and Marwood told the truth about Tevez asking for more money thus exposing the lack of honour and loyalty. It makes Tevez look the way he really is. They called his agent's bluff.

Tevez not wanting to honor the contract he signed, screwing up his own home life, disrespecting a manager who seems very balanced and reasonable... Telling the News of the World that he was submitting a written transfer request.... All while sitting on a beach in Tenerife on compassionate leave to see his children. That's not a team player quietly trying to take care of his family. That's blackmail / manipulation / betrayal.

Fault lies 100% with Tevez and his agent. No-one at City has blame. Tevez's agent is betting that City fans turn on the club leadership. I hope he's underestimated us.

I hope Tevez does a full Rooney and apologizes and returns. But I back our club 100% in taking a stand against this nonsense.

Well said fellow US based Blue!!
Too fookin right pal - but Tevez is under orders from that rattlesnake

NewbBlue said:
BlueDejong said:
You mean Cook's fault ?

Why ?
Saw an earlier report saying the executive Tevez referenced was Garry Cook.

And if I recall correctly, Cook was the one who incorrectly judged Wolfsburg ready to deal with us over Dzeko after the £34m buyout clause expired, thinking we would get a better price. Instead, we kept Ade, gave him a new number, and squandered millions sitting him on the bench. Obviously, we could really use Dzeko right about now. :(

You're a WUM. End of. I don't know why anybody bothers with your posts anymore. You're full of shit wherever you are.

why is tevez in tenerife and not with his kids ?

not looking too good for him is it..

I posted this on another thread but it probably should be here really....

I wasn't going to comment on the Tevez situation but after seeing various comments, suggestions and accusations I thought I'd contribute a small amount based on my impressions of the people involved.

Looking at the evidence (very important season; domestic issues over last year; City talisman; Rooney's deal at OT etc.) it seems obvious that the issue is either the family situation in Argentina or all about the agent's need to keep finding new markets/funds. It is almost certainly not about senior figures within City.

I have met and interviewed Garry Cook and Brian Marwood extensively over the last year or so (at some very successful moments and some absolutely bleak times), and was last with Brian for a couple of hours on Thursday last week. Despite what may be said in the media these guys are performing wonderfully well at City and their vision is (in comparison with other footballing figures) astounding. They are not the only ones at City who have turned the Club into the most professional and well-organised it has ever been (and I would argue few clubs if any can match the Blues in this area).

City's player care is now head and shoulders above most other clubs in European/world football and so if Tevez's problems truly are about his domestic situation then, apart from physically being in Argentina, I cannot see how he could be at a better club. City's leaders really do show significant interest in player welfare at all levels and I would be absolutely amazed if they have not shown compassion as they have done in previous months.

I have total faith that Garry, Brian et al would have looked at every option whether this is actually about family or even about relationship with a 'senior official'. It really cannot be about a senior official (I won't go into it, but perhaps City's relationship with agents is toughening up!).

If this is truly about City's leaders, then we should support our 'senior official' all the way because if this figure is supposed to be Garry, Brian or Khaldoon you can be certain that they are acting in the long term best interests of Manchester City. As fans we have to want that.

No one is bigger than City and, unlike what Utd did with Rooney, City should not compromise on their beliefs/plans/strategy. If Tevez has to go, so be it, but please don't let this issue cause friction for Garry, Brian and the others.

Their vision is right for City and will bring rewards.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
A pertinent question might be to ask why the Tevez statement refused to have a go at Mancini...

Especially when the one thing which is clear, Carlos and the manager don't see eye to eye.

Him not having a go at Mancini leaves the door slightly open, even if its him just staying untill the summer.

Superace77 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
A pertinent question might be to ask why the Tevez statement refused to have a go at Mancini...

Especially when the one thing which is clear, Carlos and the manager don't see eye to eye.

Him not having a go at Mancini leaves the door slightly open, even if its him just staying untill the summer.

Correct. I sense that is best case scenario.

Superace77 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

That's the way I see it as well. Slating Mancini would have made everything more 'final'.

bobmcfc said:
why is tevez in tenerife and not with his kids ?

not looking too good for him is it..

if he has really flown to Tenerife to ride out the storm and his kids are not with him when he could have flown to be with them instead after all the emotional hand wringing in public about them ......then he is a complete and utter cock

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.