Copa America 2016 (Final: Argentina vs Chile - 27/06/16 @01:00 - pg32)

I'm not usually a big international football kind of guy, but I've really enjoyed this Copa America Centenario that they've concocted. Now with the Euros going on simultaneously there's multiple entertaining matches to watch everyday. Not bad for Summertime which is usually pretty boring in the football world.

I was planning on driving up 95-North a couple hours for the US vs Paraguay game tonight in Philly. Didn't work out with the work schedule, but today has been a great day for sitting on the couch watching football (still can't stand Alexi Lallas, but I'll tough it out). Lineups just came out looks like Klinsman is going with the same XI for the 3rd match in a row.

Was switching back and forth between the Argentina match and the NBA finals last night. Don't know how many NBA fans on bluemoon but Steph Curry and Messi are very similar in the way they play. Got a chance to watch Argentina practice last year at Georgetown, Messi, Kun, Zab, DiMaria, Tevez etc. What an amazing experience.

Seeing Aguero and Otamendi score last night was nice, I'd like to see Aguero start over Higuian once the knockout stage rolls around. As far as other City players go in other international matches, I thought Sterling was pretty shit against Russia honestly.

Here's a vid I took of Argentina. Bunch of current/former City players. Aguero, Zab, Otamendi, Tevez and of course some other guy named named Leo.

Last edited:
Any Bluemooners in Philly for the US v Paraguay match?

How's the atmosphere at "the link"? Looks like the stadium is buzzing.

***Nice Eddie Pope reference by Brad Friedel. I grew up in DC and went to a camp which Eddie Pope was one of the coaches. One of my childhood heroes. Scored the golden goal in the first ever MLS Cup to win DC United the title!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.