Copa America

Messi needs to up his game for big international matches

I agree with what Big Sam said in that for Barcelona everyone looks to him and gives him the ball and will get around 80-90 touches in a game, for Argentina he said he thought it would be only around 40 or so touches.

I thought Tata played quite a reserved game plan whereas Messi thrives in Barcelona's full on attacking system.

I also though the referees in this Copa were very lenient on decisions, something Messi isn't used to playing in La Liga or in the Champions League.

Referees in this Copa were some of the most lenient I have seen in a long time.

I agree with what Big Sam said in that for Barcelona everyone looks to him and gives him the ball and will get around 80-90 touches in a game, for Argentina he said he thought it would be only around 40 or so touches.

I thought Tata played quite a reserved game plan whereas Messi thrives in Barcelona's full on attacking system.

I also though the referees in this Copa were very lenient on decisions, something Messi isn't used to playing in La Liga or in the Champions League.

Referees in this Copa were some of the most lenient I have seen in a long time.
Dead right on the referee part. Imagine if that was a champions league game tonight and Argentina were Barcelona. The game would have been abandoned as the Chilean team wouldn't have had enough players left on with all the red cards.

Chumps league refs are too strict but tonight's ref was useless. The Argentina team were kicked from pillar to post and Chile only had 4 yellow cards. Having said that, Argentina deserve to lose for subbing Kun with Higuin. Higuin is a serial choker. Best line of the night was the commentators describing Higuins penalty..."he swung at it with a size 9 jellyfish" :)

Dead right on the referee part. Imagine if that was a champions league game tonight and Argentina were Barcelona. The game would have been abandoned as the Chilean team wouldn't have had enough players left on with all the red cards.

Chumps league refs are too strict but tonight's ref was useless. The Argentina team were kicked from pillar to post and Chile only had 4 yellow cards. Having said that, Argentina deserve to lose for subbing Kun with Higuin. Higuin is a serial choker. Best line of the night was the commentators describing Higuins penalty..."he swung at it with a size 9 jellyfish" :)
C´mon, Mate, and what about ROJO AND OTAMENDI???

They both deserve also to be sent off, and maybe another one argentinian player too. Don´t be so biased. It was a very balanced game, and whoever could have won or have been sent off. ;-)

If Perú wasn't robbed by the pro chilean **** ref, they might've won their 3rd Copa América. But me auntie and all that.
Nope, youre wrong. Playing in Chile actually, THE WILL NEVER EVER WIN a final against Argentina, never! They still don´t have the atittude needed, I would think.

Maybe if this last game would have been played in Peru, then, yeah, of course, they have some chances.

Thats a thing works different in Sourthamerica than in Europa. Here at the other half of the Earth (downside), to play local at your stadium and publicum its the best advantage you could ever have.

Thats why Chile won today.

They said that is already made, everywhere in the media in Chile stand tha same thing... :/

Would love to see some chilean player ina City shirt... ;-)
Thanks, I heard it in the commentary but haven't heard anything in the press. Good move for him and them. Congrats by the way, you must be chuffed to bits.

Thanks, I heard it in the commentary but haven't heard anything in the press. Good move for him and them. Congrats by the way, you must be chuffed to bits.
To be frankly, as a chilean, I would be a bit dissapointed, if he goes there. I mean, yeah, of course, all the "normal" fans and every vulgar idiot football adept there, would say, Real Madrid its the best in the world and bla, bla, bla.

But I see something different. Cause Madrid really dont need Vidal, they could find another one everytime elsewhere anyway, since the have enough money to do so. I personally think, it would be more interesting for him to go to a Club like us or Arsenal. Clubs who are in need to acchieve something at the Campions league. But, its only, my opinion.

And, of course... I hate Real Mandrill, hehe...^^

Wroy type management skills certainly helped the Argentinean team fail to deliver in yet another tournament.

I always feel that they should be able to play like a 1970 Brazil side. Although not especially Messi's fault they end up going to him too much like we did with Kinky.

Hopefully our lads after a rest will be fired up for the season, Rojo was crap so he's still 'in form'.

To be frankly, as a chilean, I would be a bit dissapointed, if he goes there. I mean, yeah, of course, all the "normal" fans and every vulgar idiot football adept there, would say, Real Madrid its the best in the world and bla, bla, bla.

But I see something different. Cause Madrid really dont need Vidal, they could find another one everytime elsewhere anyway, since the have enough money to do so. I personally think, it would be more interesting for him to go to a Club like us or Arsenal. Clubs who are in need to acchieve something at the Campions league. But, its only, my opinion.

And, of course... I hate Real Mandrill, hehe...^^
First of all I want to congratulate you and Chile on an amazing win... Is it really the first time in 99 years that Chile wins a tournament??? WOW to be able to do that on home soil! CONGRATS!

I also agree with you on the rest of this post. It would be more interesting if Vidal went to Arsenal instead of RM. And I really dont like RM.

I thought the Ref yesterday did a stellar job at keeping it balanced out and not sending a player off... its a FINAL, as a ref you do not want to become the major player in that. He gave a lot of freekicks dead right on, He gave yellow cards for right things and yes he could have given out alot more yellow cards but choosed to let the players decide the game. Fair play to him IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.