Corners

Len Rum said:
As others have pointed out we also waste free kicks , particularly in the opponents half.
Instead of doing something inventive, a free kick usually ends up as a short cheap sideways pass which doesn't take us any further, the receiver off the pass doesn't know what to do with ball, the opposition press , the ball goes sideways then backwards, ends up with Joe who kicks it out either into touch or to an opposition player.
Throw ins are no better. Nobody makes themselves available to the thrower. There is usually poor control of the ball by the receiver or if the ball is taken cleanly there is no movement of players to take the next pass and move the ball away from the throw in zone. Often the throw is straight to an opposition player.
It's got to the point where at best I'm indifferent to us getting the 'advantage' of a dead ball situation , at worst I actually worry and wish the opposition had got the decision ( i.e their goal kick instead of our corner!).
Unfortunately all too true , very worried if we get a throw in near our own goal !

reminds me of when Arsenal were 4-0 up against us at Maine Rd, and King Kevin was asked after the game when were Arsenal most dangerous and he replied 'every time we had a corner!'

They came in today so fucking high, you needed radar to see it in flight!

A total fucking disgrace again today. Nobody blocking the keeper and far, far too high.
- Block the keeper with two players.
- Two or three big guys at the near post.
- Kun & smaller players on the edge of the penalty area.
- Inswinger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.