Cornwall

Used to go to Perranporth as kids, staying in the hotel that sat up on the bluff above the broad expanse of beach. It was notable for the carved out swimming pool that is in the rocks on the beach (Chapel Rock Pool), which we always found a little scary, tbh!

The hotel was cool as they had an out building with a Ping Pong Table. At night, we would play in there at night while Mum & Dad were putting a few away in the Lounge.

Good memories!

View attachment 9498
We used to roll down the sand dunes , lovely place , caravan on the hill, one of the very few childhood memories i have

Last edited:
We used to roll down the sand dunes , lovely place , caravan on the hill, one of the very few childhood memories i have
Last time I visited it looked like it had become a windsurfer beach. I can understand why.

Lovely place!

As a really little nipper it was always Newquay, but Perranporth always seemed like a lovely Cornish beach village.

Great memories, eh!

I've not read all the posts above so apologies if I'm repeating what someone else has said. When you're staying in Mevagissey you should visit Fowey. You can drive over obviously, or alternatively get the ferry (https://www.mevagissey-ferries.co.uk), which takes about 40 minutes and it's a beautiful trip in itself. Fowey is a nice little town. You can rent canoes and paddle up/around the river estuary. If you're reasonably fit try paddling up to Golant and have lunch in the pub there.
another thing you can do from either the Padstow or Mevagissey end of your trip is walk along part of the 'Saints Way' which is a 27 mile walking route from Padstow to Fowey. (https://www.cornwalls.co.uk/walking/the_saints_way.htm) The nice thing about it is the scenery etc, but also the fact it's pretty easy to follow the route as it's well signposted.

Easyjet have started a new route Manchester to Newquay, some good prices at the minute, can book a family of 4 for £132 return in August.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.