Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get involved in politics but anyone is free to post my data anywhere they like.

I know to talk to Elise who runs Stockport Council who of course could tell Andy first hand but I do not want to go the route of making political arguments here or out there. I prefer neutrality.

Data is impartial and I am sure they see what I see anyway.

I should add that if you are in Greater Manchester today it is even worse.

Pro rata the rise here was more than the rest of the NW average again. As it has been for two weeks now.

North West up 103 to 3077

London down by 629 to 3002.

Every other region down too.

But Greater Manchester cases rose today by 174 - more than that entire NW rise.

One day's numbers are just that. Not a big deal. But the trend is and the gap between London and NW has been narrowing daily for two weeks as I have been reporting here daily.

And the percentage of the NW cases contributed by Greater Manchester is going steadily up as proof:-

12 days ago it was 29.1% Yesterday it had steadily climbed to 34.9%

Today it is 39.4%

These are not small increases now. They are a clear trend.
london are not getting enough vaccinating done , it is more than cases that policy is made on . Perhaps burnham is not shouting because it makes sense to spread the vaccines out

There are other places other than the north west

And yet, as HP posted, NW death rates are going up.
The assumption being made here is that supplies are being taken out of peoples arms. Surely it's best to redirect any available jabs elsewhere if they are laying idle because of an excess in that location. It's pointless having them anywhere unless they can be physically administered.
We're not hearing of any appointments being cancelled because of it, as far as I'm aware.

The assumption being made here is that supplies are being taken out of peoples arms. Surely it's best to redirect any available jabs elsewhere if they are laying idle because of an excess in that location. It's pointless having them anywhere unless they can be physically administered.
We're not hearing of any appointments being cancelled because of it, as far as I'm aware.
Let's hope it's because they are "idle" then.

Liverpool staying in tier 2 maybe why the northwest rates not coming down?

They are coming down. Everywhere in the NW and they fell more, first and fastest on Merseyside before GM started to go down but all have flatlined now and GM has too in that fall

Nowhere in England is in serious trouble now and some places - notably the NE and Yorkshire - are way down.

The 'programme' as someone called it saw them get the most vaccine for the area with the least problems over the past 2 months in cases and percentage of the new variant and hospital numbers. Whilst London and the south with the most problems of these got less.

If that is a programme we should stick to then it does make sense to stock with it given the NW has now inherited those apparently world beating requirements to get less vaccine.

I just think taking vaccine away from the area struggling the most in relative terms in both these cases is one bizarre programme. Where if you target any specific areas it surely has to be the ones that have the most need not the least.

But otherwise just divvy them up on a population basis within the first 5 tiers or however many we have decided to cover before we have a rethink. That is unquestionably a fair programme. @

Anyhow I am going to let it drop as I can see I am out of step with thinking here so happy to conclude maybe I am misjudging this.

Traumatic listening on radio 4 - a year in Covid. NHS staff mostly. Hardest to hear was the nurse being told the statistical chances of dying from Covid; she'd lost a newborn child with a "one in a million" tumour, so stats about risk were no comfort for her in trying to protect herself her other daughter.

Also a bit of frankness about choosing who's not going on a ventilator, either because of poor prognosis (or just prolonging a torture).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.