Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wales data:

22 deaths - 49 last week

400 cases - 675 last week

3.1% positivity

Weekly Pop Score goes under 100 to 99. Lower than even Trafford in GM.

It has fallen day by day from a point when it was pushing 500 after Christmas.

Swansea - that I used to track daily in here for a Blumooner was then having Pop Score rises of over 100 a day. It is now in single figures or about 10 or 11 at most.
I’m half Welsh, time for a short break ;-)

Just seen a discussion on Sky News with one of the professors who is on the Nervtag group. His view is more positive with regard to the lifting of restrictions once the first nine groups have been vaccinated. He also appeared to agree with Hancock's view that Covid will become more like flu in the future and that the majority who will succumb will in a group who are in the last twelve months of their life anyway.
He also said that the three week gap between the jab and protection is applicable to the over 80's. He is in the over 70's group and he believes that protection kicks in after two weeks for that group, which is logical if you think about it as the immune system for that group will be stronger.

Just seen a discussion on Sky News with one of the professors who is on the Nervtag group. His view is more positive with regard to the lifting of restrictions once the first nine groups have been vaccinated. He also appeared to agree with Hancock's view that Covid will become more like flu in the future and that the majority who will succumb will in a group who are in the last twelve months of their life anyway.
He also said that the three week gap between the jab and protection is applicable to the over 80's. He is in the over 70's group and he believes that protection kicks in after two weeks for that group, which is logical if you think about it as the immune system for that group will be stronger.

Saw Devi Sridhar's opinion earlier this morning that this will be more like Measles than flu. If vaccines are successful it will be largely eliminated but for flare ups in rich countries with a continued struggle for the poor. She's followed that opinion up by suggesting if the vaccine trials on kids are successful then that's where we're headed.

An article on the Telegraph site details how the University of Nottingham and several UK companies are developing a 'universal' vaccine that will be effective against all mutations. This will work by targeting the core of the virus rather than the spikes. If successful it should take a year before it is available.

Had my jab yesterday......oh dear! Horrible reaction...headache, high temp, retching, general weakness. I dont want to put anybody off, but be prepared in case you react. I shall certainly go for the second jab and suffer for the good of all!

Had mine half an hour ago. Can certainly feel it doing it’s work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.