Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have the gen on the claims out of Israel supposedly suggesting the vaccination programme is stopping 90% of infections and they hope to reach herd immunity by sometime in March.

Is it feasible to get there that fast with vaccination alone? Though Israel is a smallish nation where it is comparatively easy to cover everyone in weeks unlike the UK or US.

They have apparently got to about 32% of the population with both jabs now.

We are not far off that level having had one.

Guess watching the figures in these two countries over coming weeks will be illuminating.

Last edited:
Another point I’ve not seen discussed is that each household should’ve been given stimulus cheques, like the States, boosting the economy. So much money has been wasted, I say wasted but really lining the pockets of friends, which the tax payer will suffer for. Best roadmap is Johnson out and Jeremy Hunt in.
Don’t want to hear your political views thanks

The risk is carried by those over 50- almost exclusively. Why do you think that JCVI came up with this strategy in the first place. If the Etihad has capacity then use it to widen the age related criteria.
Really ? I seem to read about hundreds of under-50s with long Covid in the media, including many parents of school-age children. Risk isn't just about hospitalisation and death.

I hope it’s legit and it’s better more people are getting vaccinated than slots being going to waste. I know in London a couple of weeks ago there was an issue of hundreds of teachers getting a link when they shouldn’t have had but that was at a time when demand amongst priority groups was heavily outstripping demand.

I'd warn others they will be checked for accredited ID at the door and unless they a are one to one SEN teacher or works in care, they will be turned away.

The same link was passed around a number of teachers the other week and my wife booked a slot easily for the Etihad before she cancelled later that night.

The press and council had put out that this link is being shared incorrectly and the back story of surplus as to why teachers are now being offered it, is a fabrication done via Chinese whispers.

It's a legitimate link for those professions being called up, but people are sharing it in good faith and it's led to some very embarrassing turnarounds with some staff at schools.

Anyone have the gen on the claims out of Turkey supposedly suggesting the vaccination programme is stopping 90% of infections and they hope to reach herd immunity by sometime in March.

Is it feasible to get there that fast with vaccination alone? Though Israel is a smallish nation where it is comparatively easy to cover everyone in weeks unlike the UK or US.

They have apparently got to about 32% of the population with both jabs now.

We are not far off that level having had one.

Guess watching the figures in these two countries over coming weeks will be illuminating.

You've said Turkey instead of Isreal again I think! Ha

Another point I’ve not seen discussed is that each household should’ve been given stimulus cheques, like the States, boosting the economy. So much money has been wasted, I say wasted but really lining the pockets of friends, which the tax payer will suffer for. Best roadmap is Johnson out and Jeremy Hunt in.

As pointed out, there is a covid thread in the politics sub forum so go and bore everyone in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.