Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s to been seen tomorrow

Attachments

• CD149AEF-DBA1-40D8-95EB-A71D2F6DCF3B.png
    CD149AEF-DBA1-40D8-95EB-A71D2F6DCF3B.png
    261 KB · Views: 81
It’s a very sad day personally as my dad lost his 3 week fight against covid today, we are very fortunate to of been allowed in today, oxygen reduced and morphine given, he passed as Sterling scored bizarrely as the notification appeared on my phone, a blue through and through and a sorely missed father and grandfather and unfortunately a stat for tomorrow, sleep well my dad, I love you.
Just read this out to my Wife and Dad, couldn't get the last sentence out, so sorry for you and your family. To anyone who doubts the cruelty of this disease hang your head in shame, RIP to your Dad, sincere condolences.

It’s a very sad day personally as my dad lost his 3 week fight against covid today, we are very fortunate to of been allowed in today, oxygen reduced and morphine given, he passed as Sterling scored bizarrely as the notification appeared on my phone, a blue through and through and a sorely missed father and grandfather and unfortunately a stat for tomorrow, sleep well my dad, I love you.

Condolences, very sorry to hear your loss.

Was thinking how great it would be to get back to some kind if gym activity (need it mentally and physically now) but then still struggling with post Covid breathlessness so no chance.
Cinema with the boy would be nice.

And also getting slighty two sheets to the wind on a Saturday afternoon in Manchester surrounded by people again. I've barely drunk at all over the past year but those are moments are often pleasant.

Also, given the length of time I haven't been out in these places, this really does feel like the new normal....kind of used to what we're all experiencing so I'd bet reentering would be quite an emotional (and odd) experience.

Speaking with a mate earlier and we both think the fist bump will overtake the handshake 'going forwards' (christ I hate that phrase). The air elbow bump is far too twee.

Greater Manchester Brief Summary:

Total cases 631 - up from 578.

3 wks v 2 wks v last wk v Today:- 1212 v 1050 v 804 v 631 today

Cases Manchester 106. Stockport 96. Bolton 75, Wigan 69. Salford 64, Bury 57, Tameside 43, Oldham 38, Rochdale 37. Trafford 36.

Weekly Pop Score v last Sunday - Up/ Down - Up bad, down good. Lower the number the better.
Score is cases per 100,000 population to give a comparative measure

Borough Today (up/down by today) // Lat Sunday / Up/down by in week

Trafford 120 (down 7) // 134 // Down 14

Oldham 145 (down 17) // 184 // Down 39

Rochdale 162 (down 7) // 181 // Down 19

Manchester 165 (down 17) // 183 // Down 18

Stockport 166 (up 4) // 183 // Down 17

Wigan 168 (down 2) // 170 // Down 2

Salford 174 (down 16) // 207 // Down 33

Tameside 181 (down 15) // 193 // Down 12

Bolton 210 (same) // 241 // Down 31

Bury 221 (up 6) // 208 UP 13

So only Bury up week to week. Trafford still well up front. Oldham doing well too. Most in the middle bunched together and down a bit week to week.

Me too. Very sorry.

This is such a terrible disease. I do hope when this is over we can have a proper day to remember all those lost to it. Families deserve that time they are denied now by necessity.
About ten months ago I was talking to my brother about how we knew know one who had it, 11 of of my clan has tested positive despite been as careful as we can, when the floods came my dads electric blew, my brother went round to fix it despite not seeing me parents since March last year, my dad was 14 days after vaccine and my brother felt ok about going round, unfortunately my brother fell ill the next day and subsequently tested positive as did both my parents within days, it was always going to be a bleak outcome we believed but ffs take care people as one blip can prove very costly. Whether we get a day of remembrance or not when the time is right I’ll toast to every soul that’s passed and my dad til I can’t stand.

Sorry to hear that mate. Condolences to you and your family.

Awful news. So sorry to hear that mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.