Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went into central London yesterday lunch, unbelievably quiet around London Bridge/Tower Hill when normally it would be swarming with thousands of people - weird to see.

Indian Council for Medical Research claiming that one of their vaccines (Covaxin) is effective on their new variant. That is good news. The article I read didn't quantify it. The Indian epidemic continues to rise sharply though.

Worsley. Sorry to hear that it got you. Get well soon!

I see Cambodia, a country that has effectively been Covid free from the outset, is now battling a surge in cases as the country takes lockdown/curfew measures to try and contain it. I think Thailand have also seen a sharp increase in cases.

A sombre reminder of the long road ahead and that the battle with Covid is far from over despite the great progress made on these shores.

1619002470875.png

Not sure I'd fancy 20 years in a Cambodian jail.

Cambodia accused of using Covid to edge towards ‘totalitarian dictatorship’ | Global development | The Guardian

Wales data:

0 deaths - was 0 last week

64 cases - was 62 last week

1,0% positivity - was 1.0% last week

Wales vaccination data

1, 712, 372 first doses given - 13, 280 today - was 6629 yesterday & 18, 343 last week

622, 513 second doses given - 11, 631 second doses - was 8075 yesterday & 11, 998 last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.