Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoe App update:

1050 cases - estimated - down 113 from yesterday and 434 on last Thursday

22, 617 symptomatic cases - down 1296 from yesterday and 9355 on last Thursday.

These numbers are falling so fast I wonder how much this is 'a real fall which obviously is occurring and how much the end is in sight' apathy in reporting with people less determined to check Zoe or report to it.

In the same way as the much reduced traffic on here is a very pleasing indicator of both the lower numbers and less concern that allows people to move on back towards normality there is likely to be a similar factor on an app that depends on people checking in.

Last edited:
Zoe App update:

These numbers are falling so fast I wonder how much this is 'a real fall which obviously is occurring and how much the end is in sight' apathy in reporting with people less determined to check Zoe or report to it.

In the same way as the much reduced traffic on here is a very pleasing indicator of both the lower numbers and less concern that allows people to move on back towards normality there is likely to be a similar factor on an app that depends on people checking in.
It could also reflect that infections are falling more amongst the middle classes that the Zoe App is supposed to disproportionately represent. I’m not sure if that could be a factor or not.

Had my first AZ jab at lunchtime.

More emotional than I thought I would be.

Amazing to see the workers at the front line of it and levels of coordination.

Thank you.
so we're signing someone from Alkmaar then? Or are we just signing our first choice or last choice targets? Or has Txiki got the A to Z out because he's off to our targets house to sign them all up? hmmm...

Scotland data:

3 deaths - was 1 last week

231 cases - was 237 last week

1,1% positivity - was 1.2% last week

93 patients - down 14 on yesterday - was 115 last week

12 ventilated icu - was 14 yesterday and 16 last week

UNDER 100 in hospital in each of the three home nations now.

Zoe App update:

Could well be. Same could also apply to testing - people with mild symptoms don't bother to get tested any more as folk don't think it really matters any longer.

All of these different measures (REACT, ONS survey, case data, ZOE, hospitalisations, deaths) give an overall picture of a pandemic in consistent retreat since lockdown in January, but it's always unwise to rely too much on any one measure.

England hospital deaths:

22 - with 2 from the NW.

Was 28 with 4 last week and 34 with 11 wk before and 43 with 2 wk before that

Of the 22 there are 4 over a month old.

Regions:

East 3, London 6, Midlands 2, NE & Yorkshire 4, North West 2, South East 3, South West 2

3 in Kingston and 3 in Bradford the most in one trust.

In NW the two were 1 each in Manchester and Wigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.