Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly not saying I agree with the statement, mine was more a general comment that actually could quite easily be applied to the government depending on what happens over the next few weeks.

As a general statement, sure.

But in these specific circumstances, to suggest that the govt *wants* to keep lockdown in place is stretching credulity beyond breaking point I think, when they'll get all the plaudits for emerging, and a lot of flak if they don't.

As a general statement, sure.

But in these specific circumstances, to suggest that the govt *wants* to keep lockdown in place is stretching credulity beyond breaking point I think, when they'll get all the plaudits for emerging, and a lot of flak if they don't.

My views on government in general, not specifically the current or any previous, just the institution itself are sceptical at best, so i suppose i generally have a slightly side-eyed view of anything they do.

Last edited:
The Covid Vaccination Status part of the NHS app is now up and running. It shows dates, type and batch number of vaccine delivered and there is a QR code. The worrying part is gives my date of birth and then has under it Expiration Date: June 21st 2021. Looks like I've not got long left.

The different myGP TICKet version on the myGP app is still under maintenance.

36+ now up on the jabs if you're that age. Just missed it by two months! Gah. Hopefully v soon though.

Personally the lifting of restrictions in June wouldn’t have made a massive difference to me. But my kids have festivals and gigs booked over the summer, and it’s disappointing and sad that this probably won’t happen. And for those in the events industry it must be a real kick in the teeth. It’s not the end of the world. But it is frustrating as it was so avoidable if people had just done as they were asked and stayed in the UK.

or got jabbed when offered one?

Personally the lifting of restrictions in June wouldn’t have made a massive difference to me. But my kids have festivals and gigs booked over the summer, and it’s disappointing and sad that this probably won’t happen. And for those in the events industry it must be a real kick in the teeth. It’s not the end of the world. But it is frustrating as it was so avoidable if people had just done as they were asked and stayed in the UK.
The actions of a few will ruin it for the many. But also you have to question why flights were not shut down sooner. Cases in Australia and New Zealand are very low with no incidences of the Indian Variant as there are very few flights in and out of India and those that are running are strictly controlled with enforced quarantine. I know we are much more connected that those two countries. But we have been down this path before and you could see what was going to happen with India.

The Covid Vaccination Status part of the NHS app is now up and running. It shows dates, type and batch number of vaccine delivered and there is a QR code. The worrying part is gives my date of birth and then has under it Expiration Date: June 21st 2021. Looks like I've not got long left.

The different myGP TICKet version on the myGP app is still under maintenance.
Just seen the update on the NHS app, all good as far as I’m concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.