Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly the hospital numbers are also pretty bad news for the North West as the above might have inferred. Going up now noticeably more and in every measure.

Some regions are still falling and others at least holding their own. All th numbers going the wrong way are focused on the NW and easily the worst. And though not yet at very high level noticeably up on last week.

England Patients on Friday were 805 - up 62 wk to wk.

Over the weekend they FELL to 782 (Friday discharges not unusual) then rose to 807 Sunday and up big (53) to 860 today. That is 87 up on last Monday.

NW in that period went from 202 on Friday to 210 Saturday, 223 Sunday and 245 today. Needless to say most of the England rise in those 3 days were in the NW with the biggest of all today.

Worse still the ventilators rose from 119 Frida to 124 to 131 and 133 today.

And again the reason was the NW.

Down on 30 on Friday (though they were up to there from 16 two weeks before pre the variant taking root.

The rose every day over the weekend to 39 - 41 and 45 today.

The NW now for the first time in over 6 months has the most people in hospital and on ventilators.

London has 42.

These are not yet very concerning but they most definitely are somewhat concerning.

As if this is replicated across the UK then small rises will become bigger ones pretty quickly.

These are not good numbers and no point pretending otherwise. But as yet they are not out of control. Just getting worse. That is the problem.

The contrast between NW and Yorkshire is stark. They have just 98 in hospital and trending down. And 15 on ventilatotrs that has stayed ptretty steady

Before the NW outbreak 3 pr 4 wks back they were pretty level and Yorkshire had more on ventilatiors.

Sadly the hospital numbers are also pretty bad news for the North West as the above might have inferred. Going up now noticeably more and in every measure.

Some regions are still falling and others at least holding their own. All th numbers going the wrong way are focused on the NW and easily the worst. And though not yet at very high level noticeably up on last week.

England Patients on Friday were 805 - up 62 wk to wk.

Over the weekend they FELL to 782 (Friday discharges not unusual) then rose to 807 Sunday and up big (53) to 860 today. That is 87 up on last Monday.

NW in that period went from 202 on Friday to 210 Saturday, 223 Sunday and 245 today. Needless to say most of the England rise in those 3 days were in the NW with the biggest of all today.

Worse still the ventilators rose from 119 Frida to 124 to 131 and 133 today.

And again the reason was the NW.

Down on 30 on Friday (though they were up to there from 16 two weeks before pre the variant taking root.

The rose every day over the weekend to 39 - 41 and 45 today.

The NW now for the first time in over 6 months has the most people in hospital and on ventilators.

London has 42.

These are not yet very concerning but they most definitely are somewhat concerning.

As if this is replicated across the UK then small rises will become bigger ones pretty quickly.

These are not good numbers and no point pretending otherwise. But as yet they are not out of control. Just getting worse. That is the problem.

The contrast between NW and Yorkshire is stark. They have just 98 in hospital and trending down. And 15 on ventilatotrs that has stayed ptretty steady

Before the NW outbreak 3 pr 4 wks back they were pretty level and Yorkshire had more on ventilatiors.
Depends as well though what those hospitalisations entail. If they are staying shorter periods with milder illness and quicker discharges it’s not always as clear cut as raw numbers

Depends as well though what those hospitalisations entail. If they are staying shorter periods with milder illness and quicker discharges it’s not always as clear cut as raw numbers
Thats why I focused on the ventilted ICU numbers rising. More than doubled in the NW whilst other areas steady or falling. The numbers are not huge but it is obviously not good news they are climbing.

I see the same number of staff in the pubs I visit.

Do you normally not have table service in restaurants?

You clearly visit very different pubs to the ones I go to (typically a 1,000 a year), which certainly have more staff on relative to custom, or are operating reduced hours to cope !

Covid regs certainly adds to the cost of running a restaurant, and all the Covid regulations have certainly deterred the older folk who struggle with masks and apps.

What I would say is that the regulations including Track and Trace and masks don't bother us, but they certainly grind down the publicans I speak to).

have to say I disagree, Independant Sage have done nothing but push for stronger and further restrictions and they get plenty of airtime in the media.

There will always be further variants that they will want more data on and there will always be people who don’t want to or can’t have the vaccine.

If there’s going to be an exit wave better to get it out of the way now rather than flu season

Was reading at weekend that independent sage are very politically left sided and basically just say whatever they can to make the government look bad. I wouldn’t pay any attention to them, why are they even chipping in anyway.

Cases across the regions:

Change in last 24 hrs V seven days ago

SOUTH

East 321 V 228 - yesterday must have been a glitch.

London Down 34 to 601 V 381 - going up now noticeably wk to wk

South Eas UP 119 to 545 V 311 - same here - numbers climbing too

South West UP 12 to 202 V 64 - tripled again here week to week

South starting to show early signs of going into the NW escalation phase. On Zoe today London and surrounds has multiple areas over 1000 for first time.

MIDLANDS

East UP 80 to 298 V 168

West UP 32 to 361 V 217

Numbers rising wk to wk here too

NORTH

North East UP 44 to 210 V 83 - nearly tripled here too in the week

Yorkshire up 63 to 557 V 279 - even here doubled week to week

AND

NORTH WEST UP 68 to 1673 V 1038 - again up wk to wk

Nothing much to note one way or the other here. But at least the last 5 days have been quite flat - which is hopeful as numbers are 1643 - 1755 - 1752 - 1605 - 1673

The equivalent numbers a week ago were 1025 - 1251 - 781 - 935 - 1038

Hard to call what this means. If anything.

Mad question if they had to do another lockdown, I just don't think anyone would do it anymore, I don't think there would be a compliance for another lockdown.

I think the nation as a whole has given up on that idea, this is why I can't see it being too long before we open up. No one wants it anymore,

I was wondering about this - there certainly seems to be anecdotal evidence this is the case, whether because cases are concentrated in the young, or because the older people are generally vaccinated.

Is there any hard data on it? If it's a major change, it could be very significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.