Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth following Bolton and Blackburn imo for any indications of slow down in epidemic.

I posted Bolton earlier where the infection is in decline but here's Blackburn and Darwen. Clearly rising. I don't think there is much time gap between the start of both epidemics, but Bolton has a higher proportion of jabs.Could be other less obvious exlanations for the difference.

Blackburn with Darwen.jpg

Was reading at weekend that independent sage are very politically left sided and basically just say whatever they can to make the government look bad. I wouldn’t pay any attention to them, why are they even chipping in anyway.
I don’t listen to Independent Sage but at least they didn’t insist on the roll out of the wrong kind of App from the Isle of Wight track and trace experiment. That’s probably one of things Cummings thinks Hancock should have been sacked for.

Latest Vaccine Update by Population Percentage for 10 GM boroughs

Borough/ First Dose / Both Doses / TODAY V YESTERDAY

BOLTON 72.4% / 48.7% V 72.2% / 48.2%

BURY 71.6% / 51.2% V 71 0% / 50.5%

MANCHESTER 52.4 / 30.4 % V 52.0% / 30.1%

OLDHAM 66.7% / 45.9% V 66.5% / 45.6%

ROCHDALE 69.9% / 45.6% V 69.9% / 45.2%

SALFORD 59.2 % / 40. 3 % V 58.9% / 40.0%

STOCKPORT 75.1% / 53.9% V 74.8% / 53.6%

TAMESIDE 70.8% / 49.0 % V 70.7% / 48.6%

TRAFFORD 73.0% / 50.5% V 72.9% / 50.4%

WIGAN 74.6% / 52.7% V 74.5% / 52.3%

Stockport becomes first borough to three quarters of its population on first doses and also highest in GM on having both doses.

Manchester finally over 30% on second doses having topped 50% on first at last in the past week.

Bury and Trafford the only other boroughs to have given over half their people two doses.

I saw on SKY News this morning that one in 25 new positive tests come from people who have been double vaxxed. Wouldn't mind betting the vast majority of those are the bellends who think that bestows upon them some sort of invincible status and have stopped wearing masks and social distancing !!??

If we still need to do social distancing and masks after both jabs, what’s the fucking point? That’s it until the end of time? Fuck that.

I saw on SKY News this morning that one in 25 new positive tests come from people who have been double vaxxed. Wouldn't mind betting the vast majority of those are the bellends who think that bestows upon them some sort of invincible status and have stopped wearing masks and social distancing !!??
Not really - as 1 in 25 is 4% which means 96% are not going into hospital.

96% success of the vaccine is the upper level of what the data suggests they do protect.

Which is well up on prior expectations (flu jabs typically only work in about two thirds of people).

So these numbers just prove the vaccines work as we are being told they do but some people just get unlucky.

No need to seek any other explanation.

There is also a time lag before protection kicks in so if they are not taking that into account before assuming immunity then you may be right and perhaps the vaccines work near 100% in the more cautious.

No doubt someone will be doing research into this.

Last edited:
You clearly visit very different pubs to the ones I go to (typically a 1,000 a year), which certainly have more staff on relative to custom, or are operating reduced hours to cope !

Covid regs certainly adds to the cost of running a restaurant, and all the Covid regulations have certainly deterred the older folk who struggle with masks and apps.

What I would say is that the regulations including Track and Trace and masks don't bother us, but they certainly grind down the publicans I speak to).

Indeed, certainly extra costs in relation to Covid regs. No doubt and all but one or two pubs I have visited have made a significant effort in that regard.

In terms of staff, they have been the same. Certainly not noticeable to me. That is in the city and the burbs.

Immunity from the vaccine may not have been at it's maximum at the time. Of course, the vaccines will not be 100%. Is any vaccine 100%?

or much more likely just old frail people who unfortunately have been double jabbed but given their age have weak systems and bodies and are cared for in hospitals or care homes where the virus is much more prevalent And easy to catch.

even if you catch it and it results in mild illness, mild illness can be serious if old and frail and/ or underlying health condition so will need hospital treatment.

but yeah lets go with your bell end theory sounds more plausible.

What are you on about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.