Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotland data

0 deaths - was 0 last week

1036 cases - was 775 last week

5.0% positivity - was 4.0% last week

The waffle about the testing lower numbers issue over recent days is still there and nit clarifie much so goodness knows how to interpret this.

But % rating going up by 25% in a week is not good news either way.

GM Zoe data

Bolton 23, 623 - about the same but unclassified as suspect

Bury 7778 - up 1000

Manchester 6717 - down from over 10,000

Oldham 738 - up slightly but very low

Rochdale 21, 106 - up a bit but also unclassified

Salford 16, 681 - still climbing here but unclassified

Stockport 6013 - down slightly

Tameside 4046 - up a bit

Trafford 3970 - down quite a bit

Wigan 2204 - down slightly

Cheshire East up to 4440

Ribble Valley is the highest normal number in NW now uo at 8990

Liverpool also rising fast now on 3812 from nowhere a few days ago.

Pretty much all of North Wales now in watch zones - Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Wrexham.

Much of Yorkshire - in fact literally from Huddersfield to the coast between Bridlington and Hull is ALL now on watch, Recent big uptick here. Kirklees up at 8041.

Much the same is true in and around London. Cases are spreading there widely now.

And in Scotland it is pretty much just the northern islands and highlands NOT on watch!

This is no longer a NW focused outbreak.

Though odds are - being first in - NW will be the first to turn this around hopefully.
I’m not being flippant but do you think, if we stopped mass testing, this pandemic would be over? We are doing at least twice as many tests as countries of a comparable or bigger size population wise, and in some cases many more than twice as many. We have moved from testing symptomatic people to testing anyone who wants it and all that must have a huge impact on ‘case’ numbers, which seems to be the only indicator significantly changing.

The positivity rating is rising though also. Scotland up 4% to 5% in a week. As said above that is a concern as it eliminates the issue of it being purely more tests being done. This indicator tells you prevalance is rising too.

Cases are far less relevant as a measure alone than they were and of course testing more finds more.

But 6 weeks ago positivity was falling. Now it is rising in most parts of the UK. So there is a difference and the wave would not vanish if we did fewer tests if that number was still going upward.

People need to get back to their lives. The most vulnerable people have almost all be vaccinated, and so the need to keep people locked up is not there. Frankly I think the scientists at SAGE like this power to dictate public policy. I don't recall anyone voting for them.
I actually hope this keeps going for awhile longer yet. I'm learning far more about the state of the country, it's media and education system as this goes on it's fascinating to observe and take notes.

Remember, stay safe, stay at home and protect the NHS...

I actually hope this keeps going for awhile longer yet. I'm learning far more about the state of the country, it's media and education system as this goes on it's fascinating to observe and take notes.

Remember, stay safe, stay at home and protect the NHS...
You are Kier Starmer and I claim my £5

8 All settings deaths - 7 from England It was 4 last Sunday.

7490 cases - it was 5341 last Sunday

Bolton 100 cases - down 20 wk to wk - lowest in 2 weeks and down 34 on yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.