Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine that sweeeping generalisation was partially aimed at me and - if so - you cannot understand how wrong you are.

But I forgive that mistake - if it is not my error and I am misinterpreting your words.

Although in general it shows how wise we all should be not to leap to conclusions on the motivations of other people posting here as we cannot possibly know them by gussing or assuming that they desire attention.

I would never judge anyone like that for caring enough to post about one of the biggest things in my life. And I suspect I am much older than many of you so have seen a lot.

There are many good reasons people might post in this thread and assuming attention seeking might very occasionally be true but it is really a cop out of the imagination. As Covid is one of the biggest things that will happen to all of us and is bound to generate many different reasons why people would want to discuss it on a forum with a thread asking them to do so.

The moment I can get back to my real life without ever thinking about Covid again and never having to post one more word of data about it in here will be a very happy one for me. The quicker the better.

We are all seeking normality - fast. Just as soon as it is safe to do so.

Then I can get back to the two million readers I write for normally about very different subjects not Covid and not desperately seek a few hundred more on this thread anonymously.

Sorry for what will look like super ego level bragging but it was necessary to point out how easy it is to jump to conclusions on motivations that actually have no basis outside imagination about people whose concerns over Covid differ from your own - or indeed from my own - for all sorts of valid reasons.

But we are all worked up now. I get that. As we were so close to winning the Champions League after what seems like ten years and our leader made a major blunder and has set us back. But only in the short term. And I suspect we will be out of this thread before City DO win the Champions League. Even if that is 2022. Hopefully.
Do you know what, it absolutey wasnt aimed at you. You provide valuable facts, its not biased in any way and ive always appreciated and enjoyed your posts.

my point was that other posters have been quite dismissive of other peoples opinions. Me included i guess. But i’ll be happy to never talk about covid again, where as i suspect posters on here, and much more so in the media, have enjoyed lording it over others and the feeling of importance, rather than being irrelevant in life.

hope that cleared that up

People need to get back to their lives. The most vulnerable people have almost all be vaccinated, and so the need to keep people locked up is not there. Frankly I think the scientists at SAGE like this power to dictate public policy. I don't recall anyone voting for them.
Yep said it for weeks
They are drunk with power and don't want this to end.

Thank you and I appreciate your saying that. Happy to apologise for my false presumption.

Though my general point about not judging motivations stands as we are all facing an unprecedented experience in our lifetime and humans react personally in many different ways. So I think we should give a little leeway to others. And that means me included misjudging your thoughts.

Zoe App data

14, 637 predicted cases - up 221 on yesterday - lowest rise in a couple of weeks.

Total ongoing symptomatic cases 161, 655 - up 9382 on yesterday. A smaller rise than last few days.

NW and Scotland up in very dark red now - with Scotland's Pop Score range as high as up to 1249 - with North West high at 829.

London and Yorkshire up too.

GM Zoe data

Bolton 23, 623 - about the same but unclassified as suspect

Bury 7778 - up 1000

Manchester 6717 - down from over 10,000

Oldham 738 - up slightly but very low

Rochdale 21, 106 - up a bit but also unclassified

Salford 16, 681 - still climbing here but unclassified

Stockport 6013 - down slightly

Tameside 4046 - up a bit

Trafford 3970 - down quite a bit

Wigan 2204 - down slightly

Cheshire East up to 4440

Ribble Valley is the highest normal number in NW now uo at 8990

Liverpool also rising fast now on 3812 from nowhere a few days ago.

Pretty much all of North Wales now in watch zones - Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Wrexham.

Much of Yorkshire - in fact literally from Huddersfield to the coast between Bridlington and Hull is ALL now on watch, Recent big uptick here. Kirklees up at 8041.

Much the same is true in and around London. Cases are spreading there widely now.

And in Scotland it is pretty much just the northern islands and highlands NOT on watch!

This is no longer a NW focused outbreak.

Though odds are - being first in - NW will be the first to turn this around hopefully.

GM Zoe data

Bolton 23, 623 - about the same but unclassified as suspect

Bury 7778 - up 1000

Manchester 6717 - down from over 10,000

Oldham 738 - up slightly but very low

Rochdale 21, 106 - up a bit but also unclassified

Salford 16, 681 - still climbing here but unclassified

Stockport 6013 - down slightly

Tameside 4046 - up a bit

Trafford 3970 - down quite a bit

Wigan 2204 - down slightly

Cheshire East up to 4440

Ribble Valley is the highest normal number in NW now uo at 8990

Liverpool also rising fast now on 3812 from nowhere a few days ago.

Pretty much all of North Wales now in watch zones - Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Wrexham.

Much of Yorkshire - in fact literally from Huddersfield to the coast between Bridlington and Hull is ALL now on watch, Recent big uptick here. Kirklees up at 8041.

Much the same is true in and around London. Cases are spreading there widely now.

And in Scotland it is pretty much just the northern islands and highlands NOT on watch!

This is no longer a NW focused outbreak.

Though odds are - being first in - NW will be the first to turn this around hopefully.
Best we can hope for is a relatively benign outbreak that emanates outwards from Greater Manchester but is already falling in Greater Manchester as it increases elsewhere.

Crickey, Marvin, you have really studdied this. Professional interest?
Glad to hear your view that doomsday idea is likely to be wrong. As you imply, we just have to keep going till this thing is under control. See flu: it's still here and kills some of the vulnerable and old but the pandemic of early 20th century does not happen, as updated vaccine is introduced every year.
I'm doing a PhD in a molecular nanophysics dept so some links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.