Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good - some of them should be questioned.
The USA has 64% of people received their 1st jab & 54% their 2nd.
The UK has 79% / 57%.
The USA now has more or less opened up.
To pose an obvious question why can't we yet 15% MORE have had their 1st jab here?

The US is very state dependant, some are fully open, others are not.

US currently has 15k cases a day and 300/500 deaths a day. Also currently the Delta variant is only 6% of cases over there. things may change when that hits.

If there are 4 more weeks past this 4, its will be because of stuff like this.

You do know that even during the strictest lockdowns pre jabs loads of people were not following any rules? I saw neighbours going in and out of each others houses, kids and teenagers mingling together and grandparents visiting. None were hospitalised or died. I was in the crowd against Everton alongside thousands of others. We all mingled, no masks in our seats, sang and at the end of the game were herded together in that queuing system for the tram. We were then all crammed together on the tram. I'm sure in London tubes are packed, as are buses and trains in rush hour. Indeed I saw footage of thousands pouring off trains there in the height of the pandemic. Supermarket's are busy with very little social distancing.

How long have we been told four more weeks? Just get through this and we can get back to normal? When the vulnerable have been jabbed we can open up. Then it was over 50:s. Then over 40's. Now it's every fucker including kids. People aren't buying it anymore, many never did. I've had both jabs, played by the rules so I'm no conspiracy theorist.....but they could keep this going forever. Just when it looks like it's over .....oh look here's a new variant! Even better, we knew all about this new variant a couple of months before it became a problem her, but we still let thousands pour in and out of the country it originated in. We did our best but sorry .....just four more weeks.....

denial, anger, bargaining, grief, acceptance.

lot of people perpetually banging around in stages 1-3 these days.

we've a long, long couple of years ahead of us... maybe longer... will people learn to deal with shit instead of giving into the temptation to take it out on others?

Some interesting data to give perspective.

In Wales in latest data released today (week to 5 Jun) there were just two Covid deaths. Down from 3 the previous week.

That 2 is out of a total of 464 all causes deaths that week - a number also below average.

There are right now 17 other causes of death in Wales bigger than Covid.

You do know that even during the strictest lockdowns pre jabs loads of people were not following any rules? I saw neighbours going in and out of each others houses, kids and teenagers mingling together and grandparents visiting. None were hospitalised or died. I was in the crowd against Everton alongside thousands of others. We all mingled, no masks in our seats, sang and at the end of the game were herded together in that queuing system for the tram. We were then all crammed together on the tram. I'm sure in London tubes are packed, as are buses and trains in rush hour. Indeed I saw footage of thousands pouring off trains there in the height of the pandemic. Supermarket's are busy with very little social distancing.

How long have we been told four more weeks? Just get through this and we can get back to normal? When the vulnerable have been jabbed we can open up. Then it was over 50:s. Then over 40's. Now it's every fucker including kids. People aren't buying it anymore, many never did. I've had both jabs, played by the rules so I'm no conspiracy theorist.....but they could keep this going forever. Just when it looks like it's over .....oh look here's a new variant! Even better, we knew all about this new variant a couple of months before it became a problem her, but we still let thousands pour in and out of the country it originated in. We did our best but sorry .....just four more weeks.....

Yep, there were, but its very simple, the more people who flout the rules, the more it will spread, meaning potential of more delays. those delays may happen anyways. but more spread=more chance.

its not rocket science.

this delay is clearly down to getting more people fully jabbed.

Some interesting data to give perspective.

In Wales in latest data released today (week to 5 Jun) there were just two Covid deaths. Down from 3 the previous week.

That 2 is out of a total of 464 all causes deaths that week - a number also below average.

There are right now 17 other causes of death in Wales bigger than Covid.
Some of those 17 no doubt exacerbated by the knock on impact of Covid restrictions.

anyone else getting Moderna side effects after their first dose? I'm 5 days in and I'm still not right.
Me. I had Moderna on Friday. Really ill friday night and Saturday. Some improvement since. However Im already vaccinated through the Novavax trial, but have jumped ship as they're taking forever to get authorization, and got an NHS jab. I assumed I've been so ill because of that.

Wales data

0 deaths - was 0 last week

98 cases - was 22 last week

1.5% positivity - was 0.5% last week

37 patients - down 4 on yesterday - was 27 last week

2 Ventilated - down 2 on yesterday - was 3 last week

Cases rising now as Delta takes root in Wales. Be interesting to see if their best in UK vaccination stats help mitigate as they are maybe closer now as it arrives to where England hopes to be in 4 weeks.

Some better hospital numbers too after a bit of a rise over the past week since Delta started flowing in across the border. Still second best numbers here in UK behind Northern Ireland which as yet seems to have not much Delta at all.

Yep, there were, but its very simple, the more people who flout the rules, the more it will spread, meaning potential of more delays.

its not rocket science.

this delay is clearly down to getting more people fully jabbed.

The thing is you have to mix if you want to live. I have to go out and buy food or I'll starve to death. People have to mix travelling to work and in work. So it's not necessarily flouting the rules but mixing and potentially spreading it because they have no option. This latest delay is solely down to the government's failure to stop travel in and out of India quickly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.