Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone else getting Moderna side effects after their first dose? I'm 5 days in and I'm still not right.

Mate I haven't been right since my first Astra Zenica jab in January. Painful arm and shoulder ever since and very tired. I had a telephonic conversation with my GP who said she thinks it's probably just a coincidence I feel like that after having the vaccine. I told her it's a big coincidence I've only felt like this since having it.

The thing is you have to mix if you want to live. I have to go out and buy food or I'll starve to death. People have to mix travelling to work and in work. So it's not necessarily flouting the rules but mixing and potentially spreading it because they have no option. This latest delay is solely down to the government's failure to stop travel in and out of India quickly enough.
Mixing in a shop is one thing, yes having to buy stuff is important, as is travelling to work etc and isn't flouting rules

I hope people have their weddings, dance and be merry. People are mixing in pubs and beer gardens, all congregating and hugging, singing at football games, it's like some weird form of 1984 control now. Millions are jabbed, let the frightened stay indoors, let the rest of us live our lives. It will be four more weeks forever at this rate.

This is tho!..

Zoe App data

Predicted daily cases up 311 to 15, 269 - the rises have slowed in recent days to this kind of daily number. Was 321 yesterday and 342 the day before

Which seems hopeful.

Ongoing symptomatic cases though up by 9216 to 179, 704. - up slightly from a rise of 8833 yesterday but down from 9382 the day before.

North West above Scotland again as the most infected with a POP score range of 372 to 826 (Scotland is 283 to 1248 which I would argue is worse as the highest POP is obviously the worst number).

Nowhere in GM right now in the real data has a POP even at the 372 low end of the NW range on Zoe. Top 4 are

Salford 338, Manchester 329, Bury 284 and Bolton 293. Lowest in Tameside on 174.

GM right now on that basis is a couple of rungs down with a similar range to both Yorkshire and London. Other parts of the NW are driving the really high numbers now. Notably East Lancashire - Blackburn and the Ribble Valley.

Isolation question.

If your doing your 10 day exposure isolation, if you have a PRC test and it comes back negative can you skip the rest of the isolation period?

a mate just had a PCR test and its said on the result he no longer has to isolate.

Boris is trying to pass this as a win for the wedding industry, it simply isn't!

I can have my full guestlist at my wedding now, which is great. But they can't fucking do anything after they arrive! It's a load of fear-mongering bollocks at this point.
What the hell are you supposed to do toward the evening?
Swap the band or DJ for an evening of nice sedate poetry !
Hope whatever you do (maybe fuck em and just get on with it) I hope it goes well mate ..

That's all well and good if he was planning it from scratch and didn't already have everything booked and, I'm guessing, most if not all has been paid for. He can hardly rip the whole script up and start again for something that's taking place in just over 4 weeks time!
This is basically bang on lol.

I'm getting married at a venue that does everything (ceremony, wedding breakfast, reception) so what I've paid for is to rent the venue for the full day. If I decide to have a reception another time, I still have to pay full whack, so it's pointless to consider it!

Isolation question.

If your doing your 10 day exposure isolation, if you have a PRC test and it comes back negative can you skip the rest of the isolation period?

a mate just had a PCR test and its said on the result he no longer has to isolate.
Not according the latest rules

PCR tests while you are self-isolating as a contact​

You can arrange to have a single PCR test whether or not you have symptoms. This is because you are at a higher risk of being infected. The results of the PCR test will help NHS Test and Trace contact people who may have caught the virus from you. They can then self-isolate and avoid passing it on to others.

You should arrange to have this PCR test as soon as possible within your 10 day isolation period, so that NHS Test and Trace can identify the people that you have been in contact with. You can order a home test kit or book an appointment at a test site. To reduce the risk to others you should only use a test site if you are unable to use the home PCR testing service. If you go to a test site, strictly observe social distancing advice and return home immediately afterwards. If you order a home test kit you should use and return it within 48 hours of receiving it.

If your PCR test result is negative, you should still stay at home and self-isolate to avoid putting others at risk. This is because you could still become infectious during the 10 day isolation period.

If your PCR test result is positive, follow the advice for people with COVID-19 to stay at home and start a further full 10 day isolation period, regardless of where you are in your original 10 day isolation period. This means that your total isolation period will be longer than 10 days.

You should not arrange to have a PCR test if you have previously received a positive PCR test result in the last 90 days, unless you develop any new symptoms of COVID-19. It is possible for PCR tests to remain positive for some time after COVID-19 infection.

Don't know if I'm right but serious/critical cases stand at 161 I'm sure it was over 1000 a couple of weeks back I know cases are rising but it seems to me that the amount of people getting seriously ill and dying is dropping rapidly really dont think there was any need to extend the so called freedom day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.