Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayrshire I have seen some comments on line (so no idea if true) that yesterdays big numbers (1317) had a high backlog catch up - though nothing was actually stated in the report which it usually is. So I suspect they are just suspicious of the data as it looked odd.

The postivity is well down today anyway so that is the best news of all. Along with the week to week fall in patiwnt data.

If the NW hospital numbers start to fall in coming days we know we are onto something as Scotland and the North West have followed quite similar paths so both occurring at once would reinforce the view on the other.

Northern Ireland data:

0 deaths - was 1 last week

178 cases - was 121 last week

7.5% positivity - was 6.0% last week

906 weekly cases - was 847 yesterday & 636 last week (clear Delta variant uptick here now too)

3 care home outbreaks - was 3 yesterday & 2 last week

16 patients - same as yesterday - was 18 last week

0 ventilated - was 0 yesterday & last week.

AGE RANGE OF THE 906 WEEKLY CASES

0 - 19 (305) 33.7%

20 - 39 (387) 42.7%

40 - 59 (171) 18.9%

60 - 79 (39) 4.3%

80 PLUS (4) 0.4%

THERE IS EVIDENCE HERE AS THE PHE STUDY A COUPLE OF PAGES BACK NOTED FOR ENGLAND.

Fewer under 40s are catching it (down from just over 80% a week ago to 76.4%.

And more over 60 are but in tiny numbers (up from 3.6%to 4.7%) Happily all of that not in the over 80s.

The biggest rise has been on the 40 - 59 ages edging upwards. But again not dramatically.

The decrease in cases seems to be because fewer younger people are now catching it.

That is actually very positive news for the course of the wave if it continues. As if their numbers fall so will case numbers basically as they are far and away the most likely to be catching it right now.

Provided that we see no big jump in numbers of the over 40s to compensate that is. Which we hopefully ought not to do.

So 11 deaths so far with out of England hospital to come. It was 10 last week. Which became 17 on all settings.

And 1291 cases for the three nations with England to come - was 1343 last week - but that involved the estimted 100/150 cases added by backlog to Scotland last week),

So numbers are up but mostly because of the 100 extra from Wales and N Ireland now they are in the early phase of Delta arriving at their door.

So numbers are really pretty flat week to week. Which is not bad news.

Don’t forget that in this country at least, a 90 year old who died with stage 4 lung cancer, Alzheimer’s and diabetes whose just had a cardiac arrest and a stroke and was double jabbed, but tested ’positive’ is a ‘Covid death‘ and a death after 2 vaccinations.
If you wanted to prolong a pandemic and prolong people’s fears, we are demonstrating to the rest of the world just how to go about it…..

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Not to mention how all of a sudden it impacts kids now they’re the only not vaccinated. Odd how it’s only in the UK though. You couldn’t make it up.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Not to mention how all of a sudden it impacts kids now they’re the only not vaccinated. Odd how it’s only in the UK though. You couldn’t make it up.
Its not just this country. most go with positive test + x number of days for there fast reaction figures.

The UK then has the "on death certificate" numbers as well which other countries don't seem to do. this is the figure to really look at as its the real figure but has a good few week lag time. the 1st one is for fast reactions.

1624025403849.png

950 cases in Scotland

Just 1 of those cases are in people aged 65+!!!

115 aged 45-64

363 aged 25-44
468 aged 0-24 (Inclusive of 193 aged 0-14)

2x deaths

One aged 75-84
The other aged 45-64

19k first doses
19k second doses, really low figures and probably the only disappointing news figures wise from today in Scotland.

I suspect at around 10 minutes to 10 tonight our wee country will be on a high again with the best news of the day ;-)

Zoë COVID study shows rates slowing down for the last few days which is good news. The key is in the power of even partial vaccination and the age effects - with signs that the youth epidemic is now running out of steam. All good news although I’m sure a few graphs in a press conference with altered Y axises could paint a completely different story….
Yes, I posted a Zoe update earlier this aftermoon and the increases have been slowing for about a week / 10 days now. Which is promising I agree

Last edited:
950 cases in Scotland

115 aged 45-64

363 aged 25-44

2x deaths

One aged 75-84
The other aged 45-64

19k first doses
19k second doses, really low figures and probably the only disappointing news figures wise from today in Scotland.

I suspect at around 10 minutes to 10 tonight our wee country will be on a high again with the best news of the day ;-)
Not according to Zoe app, who have England goals rising dramatically from tonight

950 cases in Scotland

115 aged 45-64

363 aged 25-44

2x deaths

One aged 75-84
The other aged 45-64

19k first doses

Vaccination figures low because every fucker is in London acting like twats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.