Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
flu mutates far far faster than covid does. No vaccines or natural immunity have been skipped yet. Right now we are in a good place for proper herd immunity.
A lot of hope in that if you consider jab refusal, no vaccine for under 16s, transmission of double jabbed and probable future variants.

Add a change in social behaviour of vaccinated to much more contacts and transmission and HI seems out of reach.

Antibody levels might fall over time too. Loads of uncertainties.

The press conference today was a bit of a car crash.

They seem to be setting up to blame night clubs and young people for the spread. I think they will open things up for a short time, then use this as an excuse for rates going up and then shut it down again. I don't believe for a moment that the Grand Prix or Euro final were less risky than a few hundred people in a club. Seems an easy target for them though.

Johnson backtracked on his previous comments about this lifting of restrictions being irreversible. I wouldn't be surprised if we are in another lockdown in a few months or sooner. He's a compulsive liar.

What was the talk about what Japan advise and garden sheds about?

None of them seemed to be able to give correct stats when questioned. One of the ones provided was amended afterwards. This is key stuff that they should know inside out. BJ didn't seem to know any of it.

The press conference today was a bit of a car crash.

They seem to be setting up to blame night clubs and young people for the spread. I think they will open things up for a short time, then use this as an excuse for rates going up and then shut it down again. I don't believe for a moment that the Grand Prix or Euro final were less risky than a few hundred people in a club. Seems an easy target for them though.

Johnson backtracked on his previous comments about this lifting of restrictions being irreversible. I wouldn't be surprised if we are in another lockdown in a few months or sooner. He's a compulsive liar.

What was the talk about what Japan advise and garden sheds about?

None of them seemed to be able to give correct stats when questioned. One of the ones provided was amended afterwards. This is key stuff that they should know inside out. BJ didn't seem to know any of it.
It would have made more sense to talk about indoor gigs. A far more widespread age group attend them and will be as equally accountable as nightclubs. This then stops the younger demographic feel demonised.

A lot of hope in that if you consider jab refusal, no vaccine for under 16s, transmission of double jabbed and probable future variants.

Add a change in social behaviour of vaccinated to much more contacts and transmission and HI seems out of reach.

Antibody levels might fall over time too. Loads of uncertainties.

yep lots of possible future issues. But as of today. It’s not looking too bad.

From what I read from one of the staffers at one of the vaccine manufacturers anti bodies dropping is entirely expected and isn’t a sign of reduced immunity, it’s all about how the body remembers and makes more antibodies that counts and fights with Tcells. So far no variants have hit the tcell side at all.

I stopped following her on Twitter but there a quite a few post on this thread from her.

It would have made more sense to talk about indoor gigs. A far more widespread age group attend them and will be as equally accountable as nightclubs. This then stops the younger demographic feel demonised.
I didn’t watch it but bullet points do mention “larger events” which I took to mean concerts, theatres and the like.

I didn’t watch it but bullet points do mention “larger events” which I took to mean concerts, theatres and the like.
Absolutely, but they didn’t suggest the other events would be likely to have a Covid passport. They definitely focused on nightclubs. This might have been a result of the Dutch and Israeli issues and subsequent shutting of nightclubs though.

Covid now as dangerous as flu, following the successful vaccination programme.
Any talk of further restrictions, vaccine passports, or lockdowns is insane.

Indonesia and places with high infection rates and low vaccination rates are a variant factory - not the UK.
Yes, but places with high level infection rates and not high enough vaccination rates provide selection pressure for escape mutations.

Controlling infection rates still makes a lot of sense to be quicker at vaccinating than virus mutation.

Ideally, you'd have both kinds of systems running in parallel. Like petri dishes. Then, every so often, you could take a swab from each, and use it to infect the others, to lively up the competition!

Covid now as dangerous as flu, following the successful vaccination programme.
Any talk of further restrictions, vaccine passports, or lockdowns is insane.
That is indeed good news for Great Britain, you guys have had it tough for a long time now. I'm pleased to hear the pandemic is basically over in the UK.

Will there still be a requirement to wear face masks on public transport etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.