Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just seems endless this now doesn’t it. Mate of mine diagnosed positive yesterday and feels very rough and he has had both jabs and in his 50’s.
Well I’m certainly fucking glad I’ve had both jabs, I wouldn’t have fancied this illness without them. The main thing being, imo, that the vaccinations have protected my lungs.

Unless you’ve had a confirmed case of the virus, in which case you don’t only need to not be vaccinated you are better protected than a vaccinated person. It’s yet another thing that’s missing from the government messaging…….
Both those comments are incorrect. You are better protected with the vaccine and if you've had covid you do still need to be vaccinated.

We don't have immunity to Influenza because of yearly variants. C19 seems a lot more serious. Years of data will be needed to find out where we stand. I'm classed as a vulnerable person and remain positive about the future but not the present.

flu mutates far far faster than covid does. No vaccines or natural immunity have been skipped yet. Right now we are in a good place for proper herd immunity.

Indonesia and places with high infection rates and low vaccination rates are a variant factory - not the UK.

plenty of scientists out there disagree. Stating exposing the virus to a large number of vaccinated people is a breading ground for a variant that skips immunity.

Wife's first day back at work after we both had to isolate last week due to the app pinging us both... She said it was bedlam, wards where they had 1 or 2 positive cases the week before last are now red zones as every patient has it again, she's pregnant and suffering with blood pressure issues like she did with our Son and needless to say I'm worried sick about her already, really hope she manages to dodge it as last time it wiped us both out for a week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.