Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZOE APP REGIONAL DATA TODAY

Northern Ireland top - DOWN AT 522 / 1696 FROM 533 / 1680

The NORTH EAST (now without Yorkshire) is now Zoe's top England region but DOWN a lot AT 768 / 1235 FROM 874 / 1357

London DOWN AT 806 / 1012 FROM 822 / 1027

Yorkshire DOWN to 709 / 1004 FROM 728 / 1022

North West DOWN to 675 / 927 FROM 682 / 933 - these regions just inching down daily now.

The other regions just a bit below there.

In the lowest watch zones still are:-

Wales DOWN to 309 / 595 FROM 316 / 599

But still the lowest in the UK is Scotland today - However UP here slightly after regular small falls:-

AT 219 / 418 FROM 210 / 404

ZOE APP DATA - GREATER MANCHESTER

BOLTON DOWN 15 836 TO 13 109

BURY UP 19 790 TO 23 297 - now highest in GM and second highest in NW. Hard to fit the case data.

MANCHESTER DOWN 15 639 TO 15 409

OLDHAM UP 5876 TO 7290 - LOWEST IN GM

ROCHDALE DOWN 11 255 TO 7402 - WITH OLDHAM NOW ONLY BOROUGHS IN LOWEST WATCH ZONES

SALFORD UP 15 503 TO 15 525

STOCKPORT UP 9886 TO 11 331 - Out of the lower zone it has been in for a week and climbing again,

TAMESIDE DOWN 10 726 TO 10 444 - Switched places with SK. Might be sub 10 K tomorrow

TRAFFORD DOWN 11 897 TO 10 651 - As in real data now outdoing Stockport as two real data low scorers.

WIGAN DOWN 13 585 TO 11 502 - Given its huge fall in cases lately this seems a but off.

But then Zoe is more a guide to trends not any more very accurate at numbers I fear.

Cheshire East DOWN slightly 13 533 TO 13 421

LIverpool UP slightly 14 635 TO 15 970

Chorley highest in NW but DOWN at 25 513 FROM 28 496

Lets hope they actually got that one right then.
Well I think the fact that England hospital patient numbers FELL yesterday week to week for the first time since Delta turned up outdoes any article in answering that question.

Full data posted here last night a couple of pages back.

No mate, he'd had the symptoms for just a few days when he rang the Doctors, he was really aware of what it could have been. The Oncologist said he was one if the unlucky ones and he couldn't have done anymore.
Unfortunately by the time one is showing symptoms then they’re in trouble. People should be checked at an earlier age than most do, I’d recommend colonoscopies starting at 35, they get a really good look at your prostate on the way.

Not surprised in the slightest. I caught it double jabbed. My wife did. My brother now has. It's bee apparent to me for quite some time that the effectiveness of the jabs against Delta is being downplayed to keep vaccine uptake as high as possible. I totally understand that preventing death is reason enough to have the vaccine of course, but a point I made earlier is that the goalposts keep moving here and we've moved subtly but surely from "defeating" the pandemic to minimising the harm from it.
The question here mate is did you end up in hospital? If you didn't then hasn't that proven effectiveness and the vaccines did their job? Of course though we cannot predict who will or won't end up in hospital if they do or don't have the vaccines. We can take heart in that it's still a fact that even the vast majority of unvaccinated people do not end up in hospital.

The real point is why does it matter if the vaccines are played up or down? We should all get vaccinated and then let the data speak for itself. Currently COVID prevalence is reducing and eventually less people will be in hospital and very few if any will die. At this time there are no restrictions and we can all have a beer in the beer garden, is that not happy days? What else do we want?

Unfortunately by the time one is showing symptoms then they’re in trouble. People should be checked at an earlier age than most do, I’d recommend colonoscopies starting at 35, they get a really good look at your prostate on the way.
He's 62 now, was 56 when diagnosed but I was never aware you could get checked as early as 35. The disease has already spread to his pelvis when diagnosed.

Glasgow back to trending up again on Zoe, didn't drop far enough, hope it's a bump. Scotland figures up week on week with positivity around the same - seems the decline has stopped based on past two days figures.

Football? Something else? In any case, schools are due back in 2 weeks time, it'd have been grand if the case numbers dropped a *lot* further than they have before then.

SCOTLAND DATA

IT DOES LOOK LIKE WE HAVE FLATTENED AS LIKE WALES SCOTLAND IS UP A LITTLE WEEK TO WEEK TOO

13 deaths - legacy of the past cases still sadly - but up from 9 last week

1271 cases - was 1179 last week - so like Wales up only in single figure percentage wk to wk but the afll has been getting less in the UK day to day so not a surprise.

I SUSPECT ENGLAND AND UK CASES WILL GO UP TODAY TOO NOW - CUE MASS PANIC IN MEDIA

As I said the other day it is WHERE it goes from here that matters

4.7% positivity - was 4.8% last week - at least that is pretty flat too not rising

383 patients - DOWN 23 on yesterday - was 474 last week

58 ventilated icu - down 3 on yesterday - was 63 last week

So the hospital data is still going the right way as you would expect since this is via the falls last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.