Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found out one of my mates was really ill and in hospital for 10 days with it, on oxygen struggling to breathe. Spoke to him last night, he was double AZ jabbed, in pretty good health and is only 40.

The vaccine made a big difference but he still ended up in hospital. It's a bit of a worry as there seems to be a bit of complacency at the moment. Being at the match it was like covid had never happened.

Posting these again today as on looking at the numbers, there's something a bit striking which jumps out at me. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but there's something worthy of note here.

7065 cases in Scotland

494 in people aged 65+
47 are aged 85+, 126 aged 75-84 and 321 aged 65-74.

1422 aged 45-64
1989 aged 25-44

3142 aged 0-24
*****that 3142 broken down further however -
1877 are aged 0-14, 1265 aged 15-24.

That to me looks like a bigger than usual gap from the 0-14s and the 15-24s.

Then there's this

Screenshot_20210906-154648_Chrome.jpg

Every single age group either rising steadily or showing a a plateau aside from those aged 15-24

Found out one of my mates was really ill and in hospital for 10 days with it, on oxygen struggling to breathe. Spoke to him last night, he was double AZ jabbed, in pretty good health and is only 40.

The vaccine made a big difference but he still ended up in hospital. It's a bit of a worry as there seems to be a bit of complacency at the moment. Being at the match it was like covid had never happened.
It appears to be completely random on how it affects people. I was talking someone this morning who had the virus last October , their family all caught it with various degrees of symptoms apart from one of the sons who didn't even test positive despite mixing with the rest of the family.

Posting these again today as on looking at the numbers, there's something a bit striking which jumps out at me. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but there's something worthy of note here.

7065 cases in Scotland

494 in people aged 65+
47 are aged 85+, 126 aged 75-84 and 321 aged 65-74.

1422 aged 45-64
1989 aged 25-44

3142 aged 0-24
*****that 3142 broken down further however -
1877 are aged 0-14, 1265 aged 15-24.

That to me looks like a bigger than usual gap from the 0-14s and the 15-24s.

Then there's this

View attachment 25875

Every single age group either rising steadily or showing a a plateau aside from those aged 15-24
Yes, much as I just posted from N Ireland where the data is not split into ages as helpfully as Scotland does.

There are many more tests on school ages now and this is the big driver in both Scotland and N Ireland.

Will be too in England and why cases will undoubtedly sky rocket in next week or so.

45 all settings deaths

41, 192 cases

England 27, 202 - up 180 on yesterday & 5878 on last Monday

Yesterdays wk to wk England rise was 5113 and the day before 4496.

It is creeping up day by day and this will almost certainly be just the beginning now school testing will be escalating.

UK tests

1, 031, 654 pillar 1 & 2 tests - up 286K on yesterday and up 338 K on last Monday.

The rise in tests just in England was 256 K & 296K respectively.

Last edited:

Without the jab he’d probably be dead.

I am glad to hear he’s got through it mate.

A mate of mine who’s a fireman and EMT just went back to work after his second case of COVID. He and his family had it early last year, he’d been double jabbed in the interim yet still got another case. He used the same words that he’d become complacent and was taking less precautions

GM AND NORTH WEST NUMBER HIGHLIGHTS

NW DOWN 3 on the day to 3459

NW UP week to week by 853 from 2606

Out of these numbers Greater Manchester was both good and bad.

On the day it went UP by 100 onto 1252. Obviously bad news when NW fell all be it by just 3!

BUT

UP week to week by just 286 last Monday FROM the 853 NW weekly rise. Which is well below par - which is good news when numbers rise This is around a third of the rise and again lower than expectations for a rise.

Week to week matters more as day to day testing can fluctuate but weekly evens out

In GM there were just 2 boroughs sub 100 today. But nobody was very high. Even Manchester up 40 week to week only just in the 200s on 201.

Bury had by far the best day on just 59 cases and DOWN on last week which almost nobody else did.

Oldham up 52 week to week, Bolton was up 47, Manchester 40 and Wigan up 38.

The others up by 20 or so apart from Stockport. Still doing OK up just 3 week to week.

All in all a mixed day for GM and the NW. But not terrible. Numbers around the UK are evening out and both Yorkshire and South East posted more cases than the NW today - but only by a hundred or two - and most of the other regions were just a few hundred below the NW.

The country is now pretty much of a muchness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.