Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GREATER MANCHESTER SCOREBOARD

TOTAL CASES 1301 - DOWN 68 FROM YESTERDAY. NORTH WEST FELL BY 444. GM FALL IS WELL BELOW PAR.

VERSUS LAST SATURDAY GM WAS THEN 1498 - DOWN 197. NORTH WEST FELL BY 691 WEEK TO WEEK. AGAIN GM BELOW PAR THOUGH NOT QUITE AS MUCH BELOW.

MANCHESTER 242 - UP 12 on day & DOWN 5 wk to wk

Manchester Pop Score up 43 POP SCORE 15, 428 - NO LONGER HIGHEST IN GM

WIGAN 148 - DOWN 32 on day & DOWN 17 wk to wk. Pop score up 45 today - POP SCORE 14, 429

SALFORD 142 - UP 12 on day & DOWN 35 wk to wk. Pop Score up 54. POP SCORE 15, 126

OLDHAM 139 - UP 44 on day & UP 28 Wk to Wk. Pop Score up 59 - highest in GM today - and now 36 ahead of Manchester for highest overall GM pop score. POP SCORE 15, 464

STOCKPORT 135 - DOWN 29 on day & DOWN 26 wk to wk. Pop Score up 46 today. POP SCORE 12, 264 and gained 4 more of its lead over Trafford who had a less good day

TAMESIDE 127 - DOWN 8 on day & DOWN 48 wk to wk - Another very good day here. Pop Score up 56 - not highest rise in GM today for first time in a while. POP SCORE 13, 618

TRAFFORD 119 - DOWN 5 on day & DOWN 19 Wk to wk - Pop Score up by 50 points today - 4 MORE than Stockport. So the gap to SKs lowest GM Pop Score lead goes up to 40. POP SCORE OF 12, 304.

BOLTON 96 - DOWN 35 on day & DOWN 23 wk to wk - Bolton Pop Score up 31. Joint best in GM today. Zoe was right about a big drop here today. POP SCORE 14, 647

ROCHDALE 69 - DOWN 20 on day & DOWN 55 wk to wk - Pop Score up 31 - Joint lowest rise today. - POP SCORE 14, 910

BURY 64 - DOWN 27 on day & DOWN 17 wk to wk Pop score here up 33. POP SCORE 14, 290

far from over
The main metric right now is the hospital data. And THAT was going up quite steeply in England at the end of last week - patients are rising. Scotland is near 1000. UK well over 8000 now. And several regions jumped up in England at the end of last week. Deaths are also markedly up and we had our first single day over 100 in England hospitals for 6 months late last week.

These lag cases obviously so that might all change in the next 2 weeks.

But it is certainly too early to say it is all but over - especially as we are on the way into winter. And that WILL create new challenges even with the vaccines.

It could be a lot worse. It might pan out better than feared. Let us hope so. But I would not conclude that as of now. The world is full of unvaccinated people brewing up all up to and beyond the Zeta variant to head our way,

I went out today to have my flu jab earlier than I have ever had it and they told me they are getting these done asap as they expect to do more boosters and the sooner we protect as many as possible going into Autumn the better. So they are erring on the side of caution.

GM boroughs weekly past 7 day case totals:

Bury 578, Rochdale 683, Bolton 822, Oldham 829, Trafford 834 , Salford 906, Tameside 983, Stockport 1067, Wigan 1212, Manchester 1673

At the right end of the table Bury now well clear.

At the wrong end Wigan fell but nearer to Manchester and Stockport pulled away a bit too with another weekly fall. Tameside's recent good run also put it under 1000 again,

The main metric right now is the hospital data. And THAT was going up quite steeply in England at the end of last week - patients are rising. Scotland is near 1000. UK well over 8000 now. And several regions jumped up in England at the end of last week. Deaths are also markedly up and we had our first single day over 100 in England hospitals for 6 months late last week.

These lag cases obviously so that might all change in the next 2 weeks.

But it is certainly too early to say it is all but over - especially as we are on the way into winter. And that WILL create new challenges even with the vaccines.

It could be a lot worse. It might pan out better than feared. Let us hope so. But I would not conclude that as of now. The world is full of unvaccinated people brewing up all up to and beyond the Zeta variant to head our way,

I went out today to have my flu jab earlier than I have ever had it and they told me they are getting these done asap as they expect to do more boosters and the sooner we protect as many as possible going into Autumn the better. So they are erring on the side of caution.
Over 1600 of those hospital cases got admitted for something completely different though and, given the double jabbed can still test positive, that needs to be highlighted by the authorities every day they keep reporting all the other stuff.

GM WEEKLY POP SCORES

Remember low scores good - going down good - high scores bad - going up bad

BOROUGH // POP SCORE TODAY // POP SCORE LAST WEEK // UP OR DOWN BY LAST 7 DAYS

Also WAS 4 weeks ago (up/down in past month)

BOLTON 285 // 249 // UP 36 WAS 224 (up 61)

MANCHESTER 301 // 282 //UP 19 WAS 350 (down 49)

BURY 303 // 301 // UP 2 WAS 302 (up 1) - FLAT!!!

ROCHDALE 305// 296 // UP 9 WAS 291 (up 14)

SALFORD 345 // 346 // DOWN 1 WAS 391 (down 46)

OLDHAM 349 // 248 // UP 101 WAS 352 (down 3)

TRAFFORD 351 // 342 // UP 9 WAS 353 (down 2)

STOCKPORT 363 // 392 // DOWN 29 WAS 347 (up 16)

WIGAN 367 // 298 // UP 69 WAS 272 (up 95)

TAMESIDE 433 // 444 // DOWN 11 WAS 327 (Up 106)

Bolton still alone in the 200s - and fell today.

Manchester's good run of cases means it is vying for top spot.

Tameside is clearly in most trouble BUT it has started falling well too in past days for the first time in some while. Falling from almost 500 to only 66 off the pack where most of GM are spread by just 66 from each other

Stockport inching down and not now the only GM borough going DOWN week to week. Salford and Tameside joined that good group today.

Oldham right now has the biggest problems and no surprise it now has a 36 point lead over Manchester as highest Pop Score in the 10 boroughs when it trailed Manchester a week or so back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.