Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
166 all settings deaths

34 460 cases

27, 317 from England - up 2344 on yesterday and UP 5239 on last week's 22, 078

So no question now that England cases are rising.

880K tests v 975 K yesterday

It was just 215 MORE tests last Wednesday V today just over 880K again

But the pisitivity rate in England is very clearly rising now.

We just have to hope that the fact mostly young people are testing positive will mean the hospital and death data will continue not to escalate.

You seem to see this forum very differently then me. just because people are on here chatting about it doesn't mean they are not getting on with there lives.

I chat about it all the time. discussing merits of things yet I've been to restaurants. bars, Sports events and Gigs.

Most people I know are the same. discuss it, be cautious but getting on with it. I cant recall anyone on here saying they are holed up in a bunker still.

Fair enough, hopefully that's the case. I still see posts say 'it's the first time I've done....' so Im pretty sure a lot are still being very cautious. I know my own parents are still reluctant to do things like go to a busy pub etc. though they are getting the confidence back slowly.

Likely the ones who took the messaging most to heart of how dangerous it was to THEM because of age or underlying conditions etc...will struggle the most. There were sound reasons why they kept repeating it and even now do so to a lesser degree and why it is not easy for them to risk saying - the nightmare has passed - time to move on - since if it comes back and they do that they will be kicked out for misjudging things and causing loss of life.

Getting this balance on when to open up and live as if Covid is not there is likely to be easier or harder in direct relation to how vulnerable you have been either told you were via messaging over the past 18 months or you have yourself presumed to be so from the way the media report it.

Eventually everyone will crawl back to normality. If we avoid a major wave this winter (and that is not a given but very possible) I think the Spring will be the start of the new post Covid era.

Even though there will still be a lot to do to vaccinate the world and the truth that nobody is safe until we are all safe will remain.

The big challenge then will be to remove these huge divides in society. First there is the whole brexit stuff, now there is vaxxed or not as well. I think that will be harder to heal.

I should know what models are for because I get paid to build them every day. I get paid for my opinion on what my best guess of what's going to happen. If I stood up in front of my clients and supplied a huge variation of outcomes like these guys do I'd be out of a job within a month.

I would be surprised if the modelling you do is as complex. I would also suggest if they were poor at what they did, they would not be doing the job they are currently doing. They are well qualified people who know what they are talking about. It's easy to be a critic when not well informed.

I work in the NHS and it is certainly not what it was. For the NHS the biggest challenge now is for GPs to start seeing patients again.

Are A+Es especially busy with people using hospitals because of (seemingly) doctors not wanting to see people?

Fair enough, hopefully that's the case. I still see posts say 'it's the first time I've done....' so Im pretty sure a lot are still being very cautious. I know my own parents are still reluctant to do things like go to a busy pub etc. though they are getting the confidence back slowly.

Busy crowds are probably the biggest thing to get over, personally I have quite a large personal "space" so I tend to avoid crowds in general as I dont like being too close to others. I can see personal spaces being larger than they used to be for sure.

a lot of people I know dont go out often either so even a delay of a month or 2 post lockdown is nothing abnormal.

Sports and Gigs are a good example for me too, Its only been in the last week that I've been to a gig and a sports event but that is down to thats when the sports and gigs are :)

STOCKPORT UPDATE

Not a good day sadly. Stockport is in clear trouble in terms of high cases now I think.

Though that is not remotely the problem it would have once been.

Its highest numbers (228) in over 2 months today and up nearly 100 week to week (by far the most - though pretty well everyone is up today) It had the biggest Pop Score rise in GM in 10 weeks andwill now also have the highest weekly cases number ahead of Manchester which is unparalleled across the pandemic.

Why on Earth are even the local media not reporting this as it has been very clearly building for 2 weeks now and shows little sign of getting better.

We have to hope it is school related and nobody is getting very sick.

Happily that is what the age profile of the Stockport cases suggest.

The cases rate is huge in the under 20s.

5 - 9 is at 826 // 10 - 14 at 1236 //. 15 - 19 at 490.

Nobody over 40 is above 531, Nobody over 50 above 295. Nobody over 60 above 193. And everyone over 70 under 100.

So at least 12 times the number of 10 - 14 year olds as over 70s catching it in Stockport. Which is why cases are through the roof but deaths and hospitalisations remain low.

So nothing like the problem this would have been in previous waves.

The vaccines have changed that entirely.

NORTH WEST AND GM UPDATE

North West over 4000 for first time in two weeks. At 4081.

This is UP 562 on yesterday & UP 859 week to week.

Both new highs for some time here.

GM is up today by 231 of that 562 onto 1331 - which is a little over par based on population.

This is the hghest GM total in 2 weeks.

Week to week GM is up 334 of that 859 rise which is around par though slightly up on recent numbers.

At 228 Stockport is 60 above Manchester in second - the highest it has ever been ahead of the city.

Even Manchester is up week to week too today though only by 9.

Stockport's Pop Score rise today of 77 is the highest in GM since mid July.

Tameside once again is third on 160 - only 8 below Manchester - and easily the second worst score today with a 71 Pop Score.

Rochdale again the best scorer on 72 cases and even that is up 22 week to week.

Only Oldham and Bury also under 100 - only Oldham is down 5 - Bury is up 31 wk to wk.

Last edited:
  • Due to a major incident with the data collection system used to collect daily data, there will be no update on Wednesday 22 September 2021. Figures will be published alongside data for Thursday 23 September 2021.~

ABOVE MESSAGE FROM ENGLAND HOSPITALS TO EXPLAIN WHY NO DATA TODAY

YET ANOTHER IT PROBLEM.

WHO IS OUR TECH PROVIDER - DEL BOY?

• Due to a major incident with the data collection system used to collect daily data, there will be no update on Wednesday 22 September 2021. Figures will be published alongside data for Thursday 23 September 2021.~

ABOVE MESSAGE FROM ENGLAND HOSPITALS TO EXPLAIN WHY NO DATA TODAY

YET ANOTHER IT PROBLEM.

WHO IS OUR TECH PROVIDER - DEL BOY?
He's too busy sorting out the mess he's made at the ticket office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.