Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great point. It's a bit like religion. People get comfort from the feeling everything happens by design. Not that faith in something is always a bad thing. The mental impact of Covid will be felt for many years.
Indeed it is and not unlike why so many people think not only that aliens exist but that the government know it and have miraculously kept this secret for 75 years. Because aliens (IF they are real or if not then just in your imagination anyway) are way less scary if we assume the government are on top of it and are just protecting us from nightmares by not telling us openly what they know.

Though as with most conspiracy theories the reality is usually more likely no aliens and no conspiracies but IF they are out there then the conspiracy helps make the scary bit more comforting.

So the total deaths with out of England hospital to come is today 113.

This time last week it was 171 - which became 201 when out of hospital England were added later (which was 30 last week).

Indeed it is and not unlike why so many people think not only that aliens exist but that the government know it and have miraculously kept this secret for 75 years. Because aliens (IF they are real or if not then just in your imagination anyway) are way less scary if we assume the government are on top of it and are just protecting us from nightmares by not telling us openly what they know.

Though as with most conspiracy theories the reality is usually more likely no aliens and no conspiracies but IF they are out there then the conspiracy helps make the scary bit more comforting.
I have always thought that following City (especially in the dark days) was essentially the same as being in a religious cult.

That's a great point. It's a bit like religion. People get comfort from the feeling everything happens by design. Not that faith in something is always a bad thing. The mental impact of Covid will be felt for many years.

This forum is a prime example. So many people just can't let it go and move on. Must be millions across the country still reluctant to see family and go and do anything. Terrible really the message from the media and government needs to change so people start living as normal again.

And the total 3 nations cases with England to add today 7143

Last week at this stage it was 8519.

England later added 22, 078 to total 30, 597

Yesterday England added 24, 973 to the UK total of 31, 564

So we might expect around 33/34 K today.

This forum is a prime example. So many people just can't let it go and move on. Must be millions across the country still reluctant to see family and go and do anything. Terrible really the message from the media and government needs to change so people start living as normal again.
Likely the ones who took the messaging most to heart of how dangerous it was to THEM because of age or underlying conditions etc...will struggle the most. There were sound reasons why they kept repeating it and even now do so to a lesser degree and why it is not easy for them to risk saying - the nightmare has passed - time to move on - since if it comes back and they do that they will be kicked out for misjudging things and causing loss of life.

Getting this balance on when to open up and live as if Covid is not there is likely to be easier or harder in direct relation to how vulnerable you have been either told you were via messaging over the past 18 months or you have yourself presumed to be so from the way the media report it.

Eventually everyone will crawl back to normality. If we avoid a major wave this winter (and that is not a given but very possible) I think the Spring will be the start of the new post Covid era.

Even though there will still be a lot to do to vaccinate the world and the truth that nobody is safe until we are all safe will remain.

The aliens argument is the right idea but slighty off. An 'aliens have visited' Earth scenario would be more appropriate. I think given the vastness of the entire universe alien life is pretty much guaranteed somewhere.

Just being a pedant.

You seem to see this forum very differently then me. just because people are on here chatting about it doesn't mean they are not getting on with there lives.

I chat about it all the time. discussing merits of things yet I've been to restaurants. bars, Sports events and Gigs.

Most people I know are the same. discuss it, be cautious but getting on with it. I cant recall anyone on here saying they are holed up in a bunker still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.