Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only just long enough since the first wave for proper research on this.

That suggests you are 10x less likely to become infected if you've had it before, and that reinfection is much less likely to be serious.

Only two reinfection cases were found in the study; both were asymptomatic.

My daughter said 2 of her vaccinated colleagues that test weekly have tested positive with no symptoms. My thought was is it possible for the virus to be in the body and for that person to test positive before the vaccine, or any natural immunity from those that have already had covid, before the body ‘kills’ the virus?

Okay this may or may not slip, but think it probably won’t and wouldn’t be surprised if they get ahead. Either way sounds good news

Every adult will be offered a Covid-19 vaccine by the autumn, Health Secretary Matt Hancock says.

He adds that this will be "according to need", with the most vulnerable offered a vaccine first.

Over the last week, he says, the UK has vaccinated around two million people - more people than it did in the entirety of December.

The exact figures will be published tomorrow, he adds.
2 million in the last week? That’s a huge positive as I wasn’t expecting us to start hitting those figures for another couple of weeks at least

2 million in the last week? That’s a huge positive as I wasn’t expecting us to start hitting those figures for another couple of weeks at least

we haven’t half a million in a week. Gone from 1.5 to 2

It's only just long enough since the first wave for proper research on this.

That suggests you are 10x less likely to become infected if you've had it before, and that reinfection is much less likely to be serious.

Only two reinfection cases were found in the study; both were asymptomatic.

That 10x bit I like. Of the 2 people I mentioned, both were mid 30s, spent a few days in bed but in December 1 was asymptomatic and the other very mild symptoms.
I was more concerned really with reinfected people being able to pass on the virus to the previously uninfected.
But as you say the numbers of such folk should be very low.
Thanks for posting.

Yes as worsley says the BBC I quoted, put it badly, he meant we got up to 2 million total last week. Which makes more sense. Think we will hit 2 mill / week the week after next would be my hope.

They are all tested before and after the game so it’s absolutely fine.

do you honestly think players should be kept 2 metres apart in a dressing room after all testing negative ?!
So if you go out with your family and came across a West Ham player who had tested negative the day before would you be happy with your family to hug their hero and have a selfie all huddled together?

we haven’t half a million in a week. Gone from 1.5 to 2
Ok, got it now. Next week will be the big ramp up then as already stated on here. At least the daily vaccination figures will be something to look forward to because the daily updates on numbers of infections and deaths certainly aren’t.

While the UK government have in my opinion been one of the worst in dealing with the pandemic, they certainly have shone in terms of the vaccination phase.
Just bumped into a couple of Brits here in Spain, both nearing 90 and pretty frail.

Both have cousins in the UK who have received 2 doses of the Pfizer vaccine. They on the other hand have had no notification from the Spanish health service.

Can anyone tell me if you receive some sort of certification once you have had the 2nd vaccination ? Thought you will need it for future travel abroad
The daughter works in a private care home and had her second jab on Friday, all she's shown me is the little appointment card that has her 2 appointments on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.