Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to put yourself in the risk management corner and ask yourself would you personally sign off on keeping relaxed rules whilst a new and more infectious variant is doing the rounds? The government got caught with its pants down this time last year and the hospitals were battered whilst tens of thousands died so they're very unlikely to risk it again.

Every year we generally have the same number of heart attacks, the same number of flu cases and the same number of everything else. How many COVID cases and hospitalisations will there be next month?

You can't answer this question and so you basically have no choice but to take a cautious route to reduce cases where possible, especially over winter when you're already taking a beating elsewhere. It's also especially true when a completely unknown variant is beginning to do the rounds which will take a month to really impact us.
well we never had the vaccines or natural immunity during the first lockdowns so the landscape has changed unless you dont trust the vaccine of course!

no i am saying they have not made any difference ! i wont give anyone any stick for wearing masks ever! but i choose not to myself or at least i have not worn my snood since may ! i wont be starting now and frankly could not care less what you think! you keep living in fear its fine by me!

Ok, so you're a selfish ****. Good for you?

That's a good point. I agree about past infection being included on vaccine passports etc. I know they do this in Greece. But given that vaccines are incredibly safe and would only boost already strong immunity, I don't see why a rational person who's possibly spent decades of their life training for their current job would lose it all over a point of principle on something that would actually help the institution they work for massively?

It all comes from the conspiracy new world order bullshit that we're being controlled.
As outlined in other posts, it doesn’t mainly come from conspiracy nutters, who are not worth anyones time and space. The vast majority of non vaccinated are from poor and/or non white backgrounds who, for some reason, either don’t trust anything the government tells them, or who don’t think life can be much shitter, whatever they’re told..

Not going to post data into here given the cocerns the other day and am cutting back on what I post in the other thread.

But thought you might like to know all three home nations were down week to week on cases again today - by 762 in total - a fall of about 10% - so not bad news.

All positivity rates were down too. So not fewer test related.

Oh and deaths so far (with only England out of hospital to add) are down week to week from 31 last week to 28 today - though Monday is always the lowest due to no registrations on Sundays, this is still a sign these are going downward at a time when normally they would be going up as Winter arrives.The age range difference in those catching it and the boosters being the obvious reasons.

On the data thread I just posted the latest on those numbers from the 11,000 cases in Northern Ireland over the past week and it is very telling on this age factor.

Not going to post data into here given the cocerns the other day and am cutting back on what I post in the other thread.

But thought you might like to know all three home nations were down week to week on cases again today - by 762 in total - a fall of about 10% - so not bad news.

All positivity rates were down too. So not fewer test related.

Oh and deaths so far (with only England out of hospital to add) are down week to week from 31 last week to 28 today - though Monday is always the lowest due to no registrations on Sundays, this is still a sign these are going downward at a time when normally they would be going up as Winter arrives.The age range difference in those catching it and the boosters being the obvious reasons.

On the data thread I just posted the latest on those numbers from the 11,000 cases in Northern Ireland over the past week and it is very telling on this age factor.
Great. Boosters doing their thing.

Personal opinion isn't really relevant here at all. no one would turn down help when needed, but then, from an employer liability point of view, is to right to allow someone who helps those at there most vulnerable, to actually put themselves, and those vulnerable people at more risk than is necessary? as an employer of doctors/nurses etc the NHS's job is to help and protect those under its care to the best it can. being unvaccinated vs vaccinated is a risk in that view. therefore the question is, is it right that the NHS employ people willing to put there charges at risk?

Would the NHS allow a surgeon to work for them who refused to wash there hands or wear a mask while performing surgery?
they are already treating people with covid ! they need to protect themselves from catching it unless they most likely have already had it and have strong immunity ! only the individual would know i guess!

Sorry I misquoted, excess deaths this year are higher than 2020. This might be down to people being mostly locked down in 2020 but it certainly gives ammunition to the anti-vaxxers though.

The more worrying thing is there's been an excess death increase in the young who are usually completely unaffected by COVID.
An odd combination of false conclusions and cheering news for old people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.