Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is bollocks.

The message isn't "be afraid", it's "be prepared". Learn the lessons from COVID so we don't make such a fuckup next time around.

For instance:
- PPE availability
- vaccine manufacturing capability
- clinical trials organisation
- Cooperation on systems for border controls
- testing capacity
- healthcare capacity and resilience

How is this a problem? Seems very sensible to me. IMO the people in fear are those burying their heads in the sand, not those openloy addressing the issues.

that’s fine , all good stuff. don’t disagree with it . It’s the reporting and headlines

headline Should be

if Covid has taught us anything , it’s we need to be better prepared.

it’s not it’s NEXT PANDEMIC COULD BE MORE DEADLY

its again reported twisted in daily mail in the same way with the headline.

the media just want to sensationalise everything and scare the shit out of everyone. Even the bbc headline is doing that.

less of the burying your head in the sand comment which is pretty much how you sign off every post now .

they’re not reporting this for a laugh

NHS is overstretched and beds are being taken up rapidly

If you factor in another high wave of Covid patients then there will be no space in the hospital, not enough nurses and cancellations for other procedures

they need people to really take precautions these next few weeks whilst trying to prevent another lockdown.

she is talking about the next pandemic

I know a good few hospital based health professionals that would totally disagree with your comments with reference to GPs.
Incidently the GP Union refused to accept visiting their patients to inject boosters as part of the UK Omnicron preparation drive.
This also includes the District nurses that GPS hold the budget purse strings for.
Optional was the best they would do.
I know I'm being pedantic but:

Omnicron is a Normal-type Nexomon who is the legendary King of Monsters and the father of all Nexomon.

Omicron is the 15th letter of the Greek alphabet and the name of the latest Covid variant.

No need to thank me;-)

it’s pathetic . They are now even reporting a story to scare people about a virus that doesn’t even exist.

No they are using current awareness to pressure the government into maintaining spending in research to try and prevent future didsaters. They would be stupid not to.

That headline is fuckin terrible. But i have a feeling people like the woman concerned need to come up with a headline shocker every now and then as otherwise she’ll slip back into obscurity whence she came.

Awful, isn't it.

Uppity female world experts in their fields trying to make sure the lessons of a global catastrophe are learned.

A few more bullshitting public schoolboys in the headlines is what the country really needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.