Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm being pedantic but:

Omnicron is a Normal-type Nexomon who is the legendary King of Monsters and the father of all Nexomon.

Omicron is the 15th letter of the Greek alphabet and the name of the latest Covid variant.

No need to thank me;-)

And no-on on TV or radio in this country appears to know how to say 'Omicron' correctly.

Quite possible there will be a big cases total today as numbers over the weekend in Scotland were suppressed by lab cases not reported. They added them all today and scored 3894 about 1600 up on last week.Wales also reports all weekend on Mondays and was well up on 4405 today. Northern Ireland was up over 400 too on last week. So over 10,000 cases from the three nations today. If England was impacted too by this issue then the UK numbers today could seem a bit higher than they really are with any catch up.

Best to judge on the next few days not just what we get tonight.

And no-on on TV or radio in this country appears to know how to say 'Omicron' correctly.
I'm not 100% sure myself.

I think it should be pronounced o-mick-ron with the first o pronounced like the o in box.

A lot of people pronounce the first o as in boat, but that is the sound used for the letter omega.

On the other hand it doesn't really matter unless you're Greek.

I'm not 100% sure myself.

I think it should be pronounced o-mick-ron with the first o pronounced like the o in box.

A lot of people pronounce the first o as in boat, but that is the sound used for the letter omega.

On the other hand it doesn't really matter unless you're Greek.

My missus is Greek Cypriot. It annoys her :)

No other Greek letter is the anagram of No Chrimbo though.

One for our conspiracy theorists to use.
:)

One anagram being 'moronic'

41 all settings deaths (England only up from 21 to 34)

51.459 cases - up 8876 on last Monday

England up 6619 on last Monday (34,906) to 41,525 today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.