Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems very dodgy this

Doesn't surprise me. Lots of questions as to how useful the lateral flow tests are, particularly when administered in an environment like a school.

Birmingham Uni did a comparison with the normal PCR test when they tested all their undergraduates before Xmas.

Lateral flow tests missed 97%(!!) of those positive by PCR.

Deciding at days notice to mandate this in schools is amongst the most misguided decisions made to date in COVID in the uk. Which is a pretty high bar!

Weird

Ice cream has been found to have been contaminated with COVID-19 in China after three samples tested positive for the virus.

Anti-epidemic authorities in north China's Tianjin Municipality are tracing people who may have been in contact with the batches, which were produced by Tianjin Daqiaodao Food Company.

All of the products produced by the firm have been sealed and contained after the samples it sent to the municipal centre for disease control this week tested positive for coronavirus.

Read more on this story here

Seems very dodgy this

Yeh the Guardian had this on their front page last night, not been approved by the MHRA.

No idea what this means going forward as we’re supposed to be starting our testing in our school on Monday..

Greater Manchester highlights.

Down by just 54 to 1863.

Percentage of north west stays at 29.2%

Most GM boroughs down but another really bad day for Stockport higher than Wigan and both over 200 and with Manchester - also up to highest numbers in months - the two being on their own the reason GM did not go down significantly today

Manchester and Stockport between them added 657 of the 1863 cases. Add Wigan it is 862.

Nobody today really near going below 100.

GM is certainly in a spot of bother right now.

Can only hope that with a lot further to go yet to reach the levels of the south lockdown and the vaccine roll out will stop it before it gets that bad.

I am in two minds on it and have no preference as such. But I don't want a split on here.

I certainly don't want to fall out with Kaz either as I think her views on capitals are genuine.

I just find it hard to tabulate data without some way to categorise in here.

But I really do not want to row with people over it.

So will try to post without emphasis and see if it works.

I hope you keep posting. I know what I’m getting with you, which helps.

Thank you I will try to stick to lower case as I don't want to fall out with anyone. And I do believe Kaz has a genuine thing about this and do not want to see her attacked because of it.
If you want to post with capital letters for emphasis carry on. People should have better things to do than be so fucking petty your input is greatly appreciated by most on here and we should be grateful for the time and effort you obviously put into it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.